OQO G900 = zzzPhone = eh?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
oqo.jpg
Does the name OQO ring sound familiar? If so, then that's probably due to their tiny little UMPCs, including their latest and greatest, the OQO model 2.

Engadget Mobile picked up the image below on a Chinese site of what seems to be OQO's first foray into the Windows Mobile market, the G900. Now, I had definitely seen this before... and it's turns out it's also been seen as the zzzPhone... which means it's already actually been mini-reviewed on 'teentechblog'!

The device packs WinMo 6.1 Professional, a 624Mhz processor, quad band GSM connectivity, 2.5" QVGA screen, QWERTY, GPS, 256MB ROM, 128MB RAM, 2MP camera, microSD, Bluetooth, WiFi and a 1080mAh battery.

No word as yet on whether this device will see a European release but I REALLY doubt it, and I don't imagine too many of us will be upset! That said, c'mon OQO, you CAN do better! :D

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger

IIRC the ZZZZphone ( the one you could 'customise', right?) didn't *actually* run windows mobile and the screenshots were winXP photoshopped on!

Standard twin-sim knockoff type phones running a java O.S from what I remember. I doubt *very* much OQO would OEM from them. Looks more like a palm to me = HTC.

My OQO model 1 is *very* well made and I doubt they'd risk their rep on a 'ebay special' as these zzzphone's are.

M.S

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.