Help with ROM update

Guest mintfresh

Guest mintfresh

Hi

I'm pretty new to the whole ROM updating thing, I've only ever done this once before on my Vario II and that worked straight away.

Anyway, I'm looking to install the TLR ROM as mentioned in the sticky on this forum. But, I've tried 2 different versions of the HardSPL (signed and unsigned) and both of them get to the stage where the progress bar is on screen, stay at 0% and then an error comes up(I think 002 is the code) stating a connection error and to check the connection and activesync.

The phone is connected through a USB cable, straight into the computer. Active sync seems to work fine, I.E I can see the device and look through the files, copy them to my computer etc.

So, any reason this might be happening?

Guest mintfresh

Thanks for the reply. As far as i can tell Windows firewall is completly disabled. I do have Zone Alarm, but have tried with this turned off and the results are the same.

Ive tried differnt cables and usb ports as well. Ive also tried the advanced network connection setting in activesync.

Any other ideas from anyone?

Guest mintfresh
Try at XDA-Devs - you'll find the people that wrote the HardSPL and the ROMS all there ready and waiting to help.

Thanks. I had a good look round the forums there, alot of people with errors similar to mine, but not the same. My error code is actually 202 and eveyone elses seems to be 206.

I didn't want to post in there as it seems like a pretty basic question, I wasn't sure of the reception I would get!

Will post over there if I don't get anywhere with it soon or an answer here.