White bar along the top of TF3D

Guest estechco

Guest estechco

Does anybody else find that they occasionally get an all white bar replacing the top status bar, which renders the phone virtually inoperable?

Because you can't then activate either the start menu of the memory icon, I tend to always resort to a soft reset...but it is most annoying when it happens. It has just happened again, prompting this post, and the damn phone has barely been used this morning (1 unsuccessful browse, 1 phone call, 3.5G turned off)

Don't get me wrong I am generally delighted with my Diamond, but there are one or two little irritating niggles like this which I am guessing is why we seem to be seeing so many 'marmite' type debates!

Guest estechco
Never seen it. Are there are any particular steps to reproduce?

Not that I've identified.

I should perhaps have noted that I have installed the "HTC Black.zip" theme file to de-pink my T-Mo version. Could this be a factor?

Guest estechco
Sounds possible. I have a direct-from-HTC version, so already had the "HTC Black" installed.

I'm not sure if the TF3D config tool would help?

That was how I installed it in the first place. The latest versions hav an "Appearance" tab through which you can select a theme

I'll keep an eye on it for a while and see if I can see any pattern. If it continues to annoy, I might uninstall the HTC Black theme and see if it goes away.

I was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced the same symptom - thanks for your help

Guest j2kquest
That was how I installed it in the first place. The latest versions hav an "Appearance" tab through which you can select a theme

I'll keep an eye on it for a while and see if I can see any pattern. If it continues to annoy, I might uninstall the HTC Black theme and see if it goes away.

I was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced the same symptom - thanks for your help

Got my mda compact today, noticed the white bar at the top of the screen.

couldnt access the program or start menu due to this white bar. seems like a bug the literally crashes the phone. and this bar appeared before i had installed anything onto the device. :D

Guest estechco
Got my mda compact today, noticed the white bar at the top of the screen.

couldnt access the program or start menu due to this white bar. seems like a bug the literally crashes the phone. and this bar appeared before i had installed anything onto the device. :D

Have you applied the xda-developers "Black Theme"?

I have recently removed this, going instead with the manilla.cab route mentioned in other posts here, and 'touch-wood' haven't seen the symptom since I did!

Edited by estechco