Touch Pro Coming Soon on Vodafone

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill
thumb_06-Aug-2008_touchproonvoda.jpg
Gears over at Coolsmartphone.com has posted that Vodafone have listed the Touch Pro as "Coming Soon" on the website.

For now this is only in the business section, however it is the first of the major networks to list this device.

Its all getting very exciting now, as I for one cannot wait for this device to come out. Stay tuned for more news on this device as soon as we get it!

Cheers

Phill

Guest Syphon Filter

Seriously, this device cant land fast enough.

Both Inkino and Expansys are slating next week. I am skeptical....but christ if it does I'll be first in line. Anyone want a TyTN II :D

Guest WILBUR

sooooo exciting... it even says "Launch expected in August"

my VIII is broken so I am stuck on a N82 - VarioIV can't come quick enough. Hope this makes T-Mobile get a move on too!

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Seriously, this device cant land fast enough.

Both Inkino and Expansys are slating next week. I am skeptical....but christ if it does I'll be first in line. Anyone want a TyTN II :D

I saw somewhere eXpansys had 60 or so german units in stock but now can't find it? Maybe I was dreaming....

Can't wait for this device!

M.S

Guest not_sure

Thats got to be more than 3 strikes. Its obvious that the touch pro is a more powerful device all round whilest the diamond wins on form factor due to its thiness.

Bythe way does anybody know if the Uk touch pro will work in North America ?

Guest Phil John
is that true that the USA version of Touch pro will have only 128Mb RAM & 400 mhz CPU?

One one of the networks yes, I think it may be Verizon.

Guest deadphill

The question that you have to ask is: "WHY?"

T-mobile did it over here with taking out WI-FI from the compact 3 when the equivalent on O2 had it in. I cant see it being all that cheap to change the manufacturing process so that it excludes things, especially when it is a slower CPU.

I have no idea why carriers insist on doing this. If I were a US customer, I would get myself onto another provider, one that doesn't give me a half empty phone!

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill
Or is it just a case of incorrect specs....

Well true but there is a precident for this kind of behaviour from networks now.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Mysterious Stranger
One one of the networks yes, I think it may be Verizon.

Verizon use CDMA so if so, it's not the same handset, only similar eg Blueangel / Harrier.

M.S

Guest deadphill

Yea I realise that but then as a consumer, if CDMA is going to cause me to have crappy phones, I would move to a GSM network instead!

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Point taken

Still don't know why they have to make a device more crappy because it has a slightly different tech.

Rubbish!

Cheers

Phill

Guest jchamier
Yea I realise that but then as a consumer, if CDMA is going to cause me to have crappy phones, I would move to a GSM network instead!

Where my mate lives he gets almost no GSM signal, but CDMA (Verizon) is everywhere. It seems the CDMA technology is better at long distance between cell towers.

Not a problem in geographically small, and densley populated Europe, but can be a big issue in the USA. Its one reason why Telstra in Australia has launched their 3G (UMTS) network at the 800mhz frequency, instead of 2100mhz used in europe. GSM in the US is mostly at 1900, with a tiny bit of 850 - I wonder if GSM shifted to 850 if they'd have better coverage. Guess that's moot now that everyone wants 3G/UMTS. Although its gonna get even more complex with 3G 1700 for the US shortly

The original Hermes does 3 band 3G and quad band GSM, but the Touch Pro is a lot less already - which is a shame. We need more freq's guys, not less...

Guest Monolithix

However people are also demanding smaller devices, there are only so many antennae you can fit in a tiny case unfortunately...(having said that of course 850MHz was unlocked in the latest Diamond ROM!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.