Choosing connection to use while hooked up to ActiveSync?

Guest Kchrpm

Guest Kchrpm

Whenever I hook up my 6.0 Pro device to my work computer, it forces all new internet connections to go through the USB ActiveSync connection, including forcing the proxy settings onto my phone. This would be fine if I didn't have an unlimited data plan, or my office network didn't block stuff, but neither of those situations is true in my case.

I want to force all requests from my phone to the internet to go through the cellular network, while ActiveSync is still doing it's PIM and file syncing thing over the USB. Is that possible?

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered before, but I didn't expect a search for "choose connection" to return any less than 5 gazillion results.

Guest petec500

I asked this very same question a few weeks back but had zero responses, so i dont have an answer for you. Still, i'll register my interest in your topic in the hope someone comes up with the goods soon!

Guest Confucious

Have you tried ActiveSync->File->Connection Settings->"allow wireless connection when connected to desktop" ?

Edited by Confucious