Copilot live 7

Guest munsen

Guest munsen

I have an HTC touch Diamond and want to know if I am better off purchasing the standard Copilot live 7 software than the version made specifically for the diamond? I am yet to be opersuaded that the HTC version is going to make that much difference unless someone can point out otherwise.

I ask this as when at some stage in the future I change the phone, I am assuming that the Copilot version for the HTC will not be able to be transferred to another type of phone?

Last question - I assume the "pan eurpoean" maps includes the UK and Ireland as well as east and west eurpoe? Seems a much better deal this option rather than just the Uk and Ireland maps offer.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Guest Kushmir

'CoPilot® Live 7™ sat-nav comes to the HTC Touch Diamond

ALK Technologies has announced a special edition of its award-winning mobile phone navigation system, CoPilot® Live™ 7, for the exciting new HTC Touch Diamond smartphone.

Owners of the HTC Touch Diamond will be able to enjoy CoPilot Live’s full-featured turn-by-turn satellite navigation system that takes full advantage of the phone’s in-built GPS satellite receiver, bright VGA colour screen and 4GB on-board memory.

CoPilot Live HTC Touch Diamond edition is supplied on a DVD that effortlessly copies and installs navigation software and maps onto the phone from a desktop computer via a synchronisation cable. Set-up is made simple thanks to automatic configuration that recognises the Touch Diamond’s internal GPS receiver.

Once installed, customers can enjoy full satellite navigation on their phone, with 7 digit UK postcode entry, voice guidance and automatic route calculation. The way to go is shown clearly with a choice of 2D or 3D map views and auto-zoom at junctions. A non-distracting driver safety mode helps drivers keep their eyes on the road by only displaying a map close to a turn. Safety camera alerts are included as standard with free of charge database updates via the CoPilot Live web site.

In addition to satellite navigation, CoPilot Live makes the most of the phone’s mobile Internet capability with an optional real-time traffic subscription and a free of charge live tracking service*. You can share your location live on the web with others as you move around, while they can send you messages and new stops.

The CoPilot Live 7 HTC Touch Diamond Edition DVD will be available to purchase from the end of July for around £65. The product will be available from www.Amazon.co.uk, www.copilotlive.com and CoPilot Live dealers. It will also be available as a download from Handango.com

To see a demo, obtain images and for more information, please visit www.copilotlive.com/diamond'

It is worth reading some of the comments and problems people have been having with it here .

Edited by Kushmir