UK Diamond ebay Purchase

Guest Kaaeed

Guest Kaaeed

Hello All

I am considering purchasing a Diamond on ebay either locked or unlocked.

In the UK which network locked phone is the "best".

I will need to unlock the phone I purchase so that I can use it with my Orange sim. I do not feel experienced enough to carry out a hard SPL but am willing to try it. However, really dont understand what I am doing and what benefits it then gives me.

Thanks

Kaaeed

Guest Chocolicious
Hello All

I am considering purchasing a Diamond on ebay either locked or unlocked.

In the UK which network locked phone is the "best".

I will need to unlock the phone I purchase so that I can use it with my Orange sim. I do not feel experienced enough to carry out a hard SPL but am willing to try it. However, really dont understand what I am doing and what benefits it then gives me.

Thanks

Kaaeed

The T-Mobile version is different as it is modelled after the HTC Victor, which is virtually the same except it has not got the Diamond back design and is more smooth around the edges.

The benefit of HardSPL means you can install cooked ROM versions without "bricking your device", which in turn allows you to use your device to its optimum by trying various ROMs and picking which one best suits your needs.

If you go over to XDA-Developers, there are Wiki pages on all you need to know.

The Wiki:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ame=HTC_Diamond

The ROM Development forum and the source of the different ROMS and other goodies:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430

Buy an o2 one ..

1) Its already unlocked

2) Its only really the Touch 3D that is blue instead of black less messing around for you if you dont fancy flashing straight off