Blackjack II

Guest sauerdave

Guest sauerdave

Ok I have read almost every thread here about getting the GPS to work on the Blackjack II. I have installed GPSID, I have run GPStest on the phone itself, (access denied!!), downloaded and installed two of the three files that come in the APPunlocker.zip file. the third one when run on the phone says not a valid CE program. cancelling install. But the two cab files installed, but don't know if they did anything.... After all that, still no GPS. The Q9h that i just got rid of becaause it was a royal pain in my ass was simple to activate the GPS in it. BJII, forget it... i'm going to send it straight to the satellite that it is trying to link with myself... Any suggestions??? :D II

I just used the MoDaCo GPS/Phone unlock and used google maps... i notice i have to be outside sometimes for it to get connected even sitting in a car would sometimes stop it from picking up a satellite

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hodaka
I just used the MoDaCo GPS/Phone unlock and used google maps... i notice i have to be outside sometimes for it to get connected even sitting in a car would sometimes stop it from picking up a satellite

I've tried about every trick I've found here (and elsewhere) and I've only gotten my GPS to connect once. I'd sure love it if someone ever found a way that works each and every time..

I've tried about every trick I've found here (and elsewhere) and I've only gotten my GPS to connect once. I'd sure love it if someone ever found a way that works each and every time..

Hello there!r

i like you to be happy all the time man.

1-Uninstall all gps stuff you upload it to BJ2.... reboot

2-install Setup[1].MoDaCo.SmartphoneGPSActivator.COM4.EXE in your pc or laptop through usb.

and check if you can see it under remove programs if yes it means you have succesfully installed.

3-install Garmin mobile xt thru usb with activesync program and follow instruction if it tells you to install it in BJ2 select yes

after you finish and after unlocking..... At garmin main menu u should see at the top left side like a bars or bar with small icon select it somehow and hit enter or (the O thingy)in the midle then select menu and click on disable.

4-U should see now 3 options for your gps 1 bluetooth gps 2 intermediate gps 3 serial gps Select intermediate gps wich is #2 and hit enter then back to main menu and u should see 5 bars on the top left side wait a bit it is scanning for satellite now when you hear a beep that means you get the signal

Hope this help!

Guest Hodaka

As an experiment, I pulled out my bluetooth navibe GPS receiver last night and synced it with my BJ2. Within less than 5 seconds, I had 10 satellites in google maps and I was in the house! Google maps talks to my internal GPS, but could not aquire a single satellite on my 15 minute drive home or 10 minutes just standing outside in the open.

I think the GPS in these phones is simply too weak and crappy to get solid satellite locks unless conditions are absolutely perfect and you offer a blood sacrifice to the GPS god.

Edited by Hodaka

As an experiment, I pulled out my bluetooth navibe GPS receiver last night and synced it with my BJ2. Within less than 5 seconds, I had 10 satellites in google maps and I was in the house! Google maps talks to my internal GPS, but could not aquire a single satellite on my 15 minute drive home or 10 minutes just standing outside in the open.

I think the GPS in these phones is simply too weak and crappy to get solid satellite locks unless conditions are absolutely perfect and you offer a blood sacrifice to the GPS god.

Googlemaps required internet connection tho, maybe this is the reason why it is slow! (do you have data plan>?)

Guest paper_wastage

hold everything

some BJIIs can run GPS without any hacking... installing the Modaco GPS Hack may actually disable the GPS

->

hard reset (if u really want to re-test this and dont mind having to reinstall everything)

app unlock <--- YES, U HAVE TO APP UNLOCK YOUR PHONE FIRST

Chartcross GPS test <-- install this program, no need to config anything

if Chartcross GPS doesnt see ur GPS, then use Modaco GPS Hack

now... charge up ur BJII battery, then sit outside and open the Chartcross GPS program.... wait 30 minutes..

my BJII first run, TTFF was like 10 minutes to get a FULL satellite lock, but i can see ONE satellite within a minute or two

Guest Hodaka

now... charge up ur BJII battery, then sit outside and open the Chartcross GPS program.... wait 30 minutes..

my BJII first run, TTFF was like 10 minutes to get a FULL satellite lock, but i can see ONE satellite within a minute or two

This is what I find absolutely ridiculous. No GPS should take this long to sync up..

does Telenav take this long as well? And if not, what are they doing differently with it?

This long wait is either due to crappy GPS, crappy drivers, or something AT&T has imposed to make people want to buy their Telenav service..

Edited by Hodaka

Guest kiwistrada

Am I missing some step or doing something wrong??

I installed the Modaco fix and with Google Maps I can set the GPS to connect through COM 4 and it works fine. If I try and use Nav4all it gives me the option to run an inernal gps but I get a note saying GPS is not turned on????

If I check "GPS Information" in Nav4all it states "Internal GPS via Com 4: Status:Connection Error [00000005] (cannot get port timeouts)

:D