HTC e-Club now accepting operator-provided device registrations

Guest newtonmj

Guest newtonmj

Following a tip-off over at XDA-Developers, HTC e-Club are now allowing everyone to register their device in e-Club as it was previously limited to non-branded devices (i.e. those provided by Orange, for example, could not be registered). You need no longer feel like a 2nd class citizen!

This now opens the door to a bit more manufacturer support for everyone, particularly with regards to ROM updates, without having to wait on Orange etc so much.

On a different note I see they are now offering ringtone downloads so perhaps this is the shape of things to come...

Mathew

Edited by newtonmj

Following a tip-off over at XDA-Developers, HTC e-Club are now allowing everyone to register their device in e-Club as it was previously limited to non-branded devices (i.e. those provided by Orange, for example, could not be registered). You need no longer feel like a 2nd class citizen!

This now opens the door to a bit more manufacturer support for everyone, particularly with regards to ROM updates, without having to wait on Orange etc so much.

On a different note I see they are now offering ringtone downloads so perhaps this is the shape of things to come...

Mathew

Really? Yippee :D

Off now to register :D

Guest newtonmj

...although I note that for my device, provided by Orange UK, the latest ROM update available to download is 'not suitable'...

Perhaps there are still some restrictions given that a new HTC ROM would not only remove operator-branding (not that mine's got any) but also potentially make it unsupportable by Orange so perhaps it's not quite as good as first appeared.

Mathew

Guest Kushmir

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for that. The website now says 'Important! The HTC e-Club now accepts product registration for both HTC-branded devices (e.g. HTC Touch Diamond) and Operator-branded devices (e.g. T-Mobile Dash and AT&T Tilt).'

I have just registered my Orange-branded Diamond.

Trying to download the ROM upgrade I also got a message 'Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device.'

Edited by Kushmir