calling all HTC TYTN II users

Guest xero01uk

Guest xero01uk

Im trying to download a rom update from thr HTC website, but since my phone was orginally a '3' phone its not validating my serial code

would someone be willing to download these update for me please

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownload.asp...=2&dl_id=23

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownload.asp...=2&dl_id=21

Edited by xero01uk

Guest andrewkeith5

that rom form the htc site won't be 3 branded

assuming you do want an unbranded rom (it really makes no difference, except maybe making the phoe a bit faster), I would reccomend you use the TLR rom that can be found on this thread - this is based on the ROM you mention but adds and modifies useful parts to generally improve the ROM

Guest xero01uk

im also currently suffering from random slowdowns on the touch screen, will this rom you mention solve this?

which rom are you talking about, as you didnt include a link, i'll have a look for it now though

EDIT: the phone is currently unlocked and running on the 'orange' network so im not really fussy about branded or unbranded roms

Edited by xero01uk

Guest andrewkeith5

http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-kaiser-k...d-cf-3-5-more/#

Thats the one you want then! Its basically the generic HTC rom, but with a whole bunch of improvements (including native AppToDate installation)

the ROm should sort out your touchscreem problems, I haven't had any

out of interest where/what did you use to get your phone unlocked?

Guest xero01uk

i used an unlocker i found on the xda developers site, cant remember which one now though.. sorry, ive just flashed my rom, its booting up as i type

thanks for your help andrew

Edited by xero01uk

Guest andrewkeith5

lol, not a problem :D that was a ruddy quick flash!

not a problem, thats what communities are for :D if you've any questions about the rom (or anything else), just ask) :angry:

Guest xero01uk

thanks again, the flash took around 7-8 minutes i found it before you replied LOL

i asked at XDA about a you tube player and all i got was abuse :D look like i'll be here from now on

Guest andrewkeith5

lol...yeah xda-devs do seem to reserve a particular hatrid to people who just want to ask about something...they're useful for just reading info and downloading things though

infact, if you do a search on xda-devs for "youtubeplay", you should find an excellent youtube player (although for some reason it only displays 5 results for each search. brilliantly, you can also download the actual FLV videos using it and play them back in TCPMP (ask if you cant find the WM6.1 comptible one and i'll fire it across to you) if you're on a slow connection

Guest andrewkeith5

i never could understand the point of last.fm (never seemed to work for me)

just to let you know, you now need the recompiled TCPMP (which comes natively with the flash video compatibility), which is on xda-devs somewhere...otherwise it doesnt start properly

i'd also reccomend a program called vTap - its quite a good video+audio streaming and finding program, and also lets you read wikipedia entries easily

Guest xero01uk

ive been using that youtube player for a few days now, and videos that i can play nice and smooth my my PC dont download smooth and the video always pauses while playing them on my HTC, im on a 4mb wifi connection so my line speed should be enough

Guest andrewkeith5

yeah....i've noticed that the kaiser (and opera and youtubeplay) seems to underwhelm rather when on wifi...in the most part, my kaiser actually works better when its on the hsdpa network...

although....as a hint, i have found that opera 9.5 is ridiculously slow - so much so in fact that two speed tests taken directly after each other typically show that PIE will load the page roughly 5 times faster than opera (last time PIE reported 1.2MB/s, but opera a measly 286KB/s)

Guest Mr Alom

:D You're so right!! XDA communities are so rude...if you ask a question without reading the whole 150 pages of post in a tread you'll get a vicious response telling you to read all the posts properly but I do agree with andrewkeith5, they're extrimely good for downloading stuff and looking for information.

thanks again, the flash took around 7-8 minutes i found it before you replied LOL

i asked at XDA about a you tube player and all i got was abuse :D look like i'll be here from now on