Album Art - A decent fix yet?

Guest sHAYMAN

Guest sHAYMAN

I've really been struggling with this, I originally just synced my tracks over using wmp, and had no album art wso. Then I tried meta tagging the album art using Mediamonkey, Fixtunes. and WMP - but the results are unpredictable - just when I think I've got it sussed, albums start syncing without their art again :D

I know there was a fix posted earlier - but this seems a very long winded way round - is their anything more automatic that could work? Has anyone found a definate solution? The music flip was a real selling point to me - but just doesnt seem to work properly : (

Guest sHAYMAN
Although I've not synchronised a vast number of tracks, I found the key was embedding the art in the tag.

Cheers, tho that didnt work for me last time neither : ( - but I'm going to remove all media sync, as well as the WMPInfo, and have another go!

Perhaps it's worth double checking with a 3rd party program that the album art is embedded for sure.

I know that WMP doesn't transfer external album art e.g. folder.jpg files, so I had to embed it in every track.

Guest sHAYMAN
Perhaps it's worth double checking with a 3rd party program that the album art is embedded for sure.

I know that WMP doesn't transfer external album art e.g. folder.jpg files, so I had to embed it in every track.

Yeah it seems to be ok just a few albums that are not showing, and are displaying an ! image instead. Im going to try converting tracks to wma instead of mp3 and re-adding the meta tags and album art to see if it makes an improvement!

Guest sHAYMAN

Ahaaa! Result! Converting them to WMA before syncing and reapplying the album art as meta seems to have done the trick. I understand WMA files are more meta friendly, and I get the feeling that incompatible MP3 tags or something may be causing a problem. For anyone else having problems - I also ran CCleaner which removed my folder thumbnails cache - this may have also helped!

Now just to the loooooooooooooooong chore of converting my entire music folder, oh joy! :D

Guest darthbane2k
That doesn't work, at least with WMP.

It certainly does work, but your problem is that you are syncing the mp3s onto your device with the desktop WMP rather than simply dragging and dropping the albums on your device when running as a removable storage disk.

Guest sHAYMAN

I dont regard dragging & dropping to be a proper fix, as prefer to autosync my playlists using wmp. Its taken nearly all day to sort my folder out - but at least will be easier now when I add music phew!

Guest darthbane2k
I dont regard dragging & dropping to be a proper fix, as prefer to autosync my playlists using wmp. Its taken nearly all day to sort my folder out - but at least will be easier now when I add music phew!

Of course drag and drop is a viable option. If you had an ipod like device with tons of storage then yes you would prefer to sync a playlist, but come on! You only have 4GB of space. How many albums do you think you can fit on there??!! Just drag, drop and delete when done.

Guest sHAYMAN
Of course drag and drop is a viable option. If you had an ipod like device with tons of storage then yes you would prefer to sync a playlist, but come on! You only have 4GB of space. How many albums do you think you can fit on there??!! Just drag, drop and delete when done.

I never said it wasnt a viable option it probably is for most, I just said it wasnt a "proper fix" - in that it's not the way music is intended to be transferred. I like to use playlists, and I can quite easily fill a nice amount on around 2 gig of the storage or more depending on how much Im commuting. Its probably a bit of a OCD :D but I like things to work properly, as they have been designed and intended to use. It was gonna bug me until I'd figured how this could be done properly through WMP thats all.