ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ultraviolet

Guys, where is the link to the DXIA5 Rom?????? The exe from samsung won´t work cause I flashed my phone to WM 6.5.1 and I want to flash back to DXIA5 (WM 6.1)... when I try to flash it with the Rom from the samsung page it says I already have the latest version. Any ideas?

Guest Queesy82
Guys, where is the link to the DXIA5 Rom?????? The exe from samsung won´t work cause I flashed my phone to WM 6.5.1 and I want to flash back to DXIA5 (WM 6.1)... when I try to flash it with the Rom from the samsung page it says I already have the latest version. Any ideas?

Hi Utraviolet, you must to change the name of your version whit a key-register software (eg. resco registry or similar).

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/control panel/version and change the name (put an older name)! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Patrick1963

Hello!

I am new to replacing the rom from my i900 (XKHJ3) (phone: i900XXHI4) with a custom rom. Is there a specific rom that i should try? Or can i try them all? My telephone provider is Hi (kpn) in the Netherlands. Will i still be able to make calls/surf the web when i change the rom?

Main reason why i want a new rom: Gain memory space/speed, get a better mediaplayer on board.

I use spb-mobile shell 3.5/s2u2/nitrogen/opera as main-applications right now.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Ultraviolet

I just installed the DXHJ1 Rom over teh DXHI3 and even though it all went fine and said "job done" in the updater, my phone is stucked on with the trun on light in red, that's it, black screen, it won't even turn on the screen, nothing at all. I removed the battery, waited 20 min and put it back again, tried to turn it on, and still the same, red light turn on nothing else happens.. HELP!! :)

I connected it back to the pc to see if it would be detected to re install DXHI3 but it's nor recognized by the pc nor any other program... HELP!

Guest Ultraviolet

Grand prix doesn't quite detect the phone when I plug it... it makes the option "detect" available but it hangs on "Waiting for the phone" and the download option never becomes available...

Any ideas?

Edited by Ultraviolet

Guest kingvk

Hi Friends,

I am new to this fourm. I am having OMNIA i900 serice. Now iam very intrested in upgrade my ROM. Iam in Indonesia.

And hre Iam giving my Omnia configuration.

can you please help me to upgrade my ROM file.

PDA : i900DXHG4/DXHG4

PHONE: i900DXHG4

actually I have tried with some rome file which are downloaded from Samsung official site. But I am totally unsuccessful.

Please guide me to do this.

Regards,

Vijay..

Guest fusioncoast

need urgent help

i first tried this

updated my DDHH4 to DXID1

http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/incorrect-...sion-fixed.html

(tried the first 3 steps since the rom was already built for DXID1

then i downloaded

DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2

By sector

and

i also tried

Ste-V-illagE-28014-M2Dv2-LZX-SLIM

by steve

everytime i try to update the rom it gets stuck at a certian level only 1 time it went upto 57% then got stuck for a while

why is this happening

i cannot update my phone my phone is been recognised by the updater

Should i try grandpix

can som1 give me a link for grandpix method

i hope the phone is not bricked cos i can see the omnia boot scree

Guest dleeming

I have my i900 Omnia now for 1 week, I live in Germany and my phone has a brandingfree German Rom i900 XGIC3/BHIC2, I would much prefer to have an offical English Rom.

Can this be done or is it better to use a modded English rom?

If a Modded one, whats the best?

I tried this and get incorrect version..........

What is my next step.... I don't what to break my new toy?????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as i know, you can use any ROM (correct me if i'm wrong). I've updated my Omnia from DXHJ1 to DZIA5 with no problems. Try to do following:

* Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

* With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

* Select 'Preconfiguration'

* Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

* Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

* Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

* Go to http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp and select Singapure.

* Download DZIA5 ROM (january 2009).

* After flashing do preconfiguration again as described above, just this time select you country wink.gif

At least it worked for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Darren

Edited by dleeming

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bruno Adler
Grand prix doesn't quite detect the phone when I plug it... it makes the option "detect" available but it hangs on "Waiting for the phone" and the download option never becomes available...

Any ideas?

It's just dead.

Send your phone to Samsung Service Center.

Eboot got corrupted.

Same problem happened to me a while ago... and that's how you gonna solve it. Sorry for the bad news :/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shami De Lost

Hey everyone .. :.:.: I NEED SOME HELP FROM YOU GUYS :.:.: I recently bought Omnia i900.. when i checked it .. i found wifi on my main panel .. but never turn on .. when i checked into system settings and checked into wireless connections .. i couldnt find wifi there .. there was just only 2 connections .. blue tooth and phone .. there were o wifi option .. why is that .. i tried to upgrade it ... but failed because of incorrect version error ... i tried to fix it with the tutorial but failed.. could you guys please help me . what should i do .. my main issue is just to turn on WIFI..

My phone version is:

My Device

version

PDA :i900DTHJ5/DTHJ5

PHONE : i900XXHJ1

Bluetooth (2.0 +EDR)

S/W: 2.0.3

H/W: 2.0.1

MAC: 00 23 D6 F2 65 BF

WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W:

H/W:

MAC:

These are my phone settings .. now I would be really thankful to you .. if anyone of you solve my prob...i dont wanna change this phone .. am just in love with this phone .. I am in Pakistan .. and my rom would be JVHK1 .. but am surprised why its showing DTHJ5... plzz plzz help me :(

Guest Shami De Lost
Hey everyone .. :.:.: I NEED SOME HELP FROM YOU GUYS :.:.: I recently bought Omnia i900.. when i checked it .. i found wifi on my main panel .. but never turn on .. when i checked into system settings and checked into wireless connections .. i couldnt find wifi there .. there was just only 2 connections .. blue tooth and phone .. there were o wifi option .. why is that .. i tried to upgrade it ... but failed because of incorrect version error ... i tried to fix it with the tutorial but failed.. could you guys please help me . what should i do .. my main issue is just to turn on WIFI..

My phone version is:

My Device

version

PDA :i900DTHJ5/DTHJ5

PHONE : i900XXHJ1

Bluetooth (2.0 +EDR)

S/W: 2.0.3

H/W: 2.0.1

MAC: 00 23 D6 F2 65 BF

WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W:

H/W:

MAC:

These are my phone settings .. now I would be really thankful to you .. if anyone of you solve my prob...i dont wanna change this phone .. am just in love with this phone .. I am in Pakistan .. and my rom would be JVHK1 .. but am surprised why its showing DTHJ5... plzz plzz help me :(

Please Reply me .. Help me .. am in a big trouble :'( :(

Guest samsungist

Hi all,

I have read throught the thread, and it is very interesting. Considering that I just bought a i900 from germany, and need to get it to czech.

Currently I have downloaded and installed activesync, it finds the phone. I have also downloaded the firmware upgrade software, which gives me a "INCORRECT VERSION" error.

Could you please advice how to continue, in order to install czech language?

My current versions are as follows:

PDA: i900XGIC3/BHIC2

PHONE: i900XXIB2

Secondly, when I apply a new firmware, will the phone be unlocked to all networks?

Thank you for your help <_<

Guest pravi

hi friends,

i have a omnia i900, and whenever i try to update its showing incorrect version,

my omnia version is

PDA : I900JPID1/JPID1

PHONE : I900JVIC3

i bought it from middle east, my omnia's battery is very poor not even stands for 12 hrs

can anybody help me friends ?????? coz i like this phone very much and don't want to sell..................

Edited by pravi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barbarony62
hi friends,

i have a omnia i900, and whenever i try to update its showing incorrect version,

my omnia version is

PDA : I900JPID1/JPID1

PHONE : I900JVIC3

i bought it from middle east, my omnia's battery is very poor not even stands for 12 hrs

can anybody help me friends ?????? coz i like this phone very much and don't want to sell..................

look at first page of this thread -- how to solve incorrect version problem

• 3 weeks later...
Guest picky-picasso
Please Reply me .. Help me .. am in a big trouble :'( :P

Have you tried flashing one of the custom ROMs here? Maybe even a better beginning may be to try the instructions for "wrong version" that are listed in the first post in this thread. I have lost wi-fi on my phone (after using it for a long time, especially with Wi-Fi router, it just disappears in the connections screen, even though the hardware still seems to exist.) If a hard reset doesn't find it, then a ROM flash has always worked.

pp

Guest simplytimo

I am trying to install a cooked rom but want to look for an original one to restore.

My current device is

VERSION

PDA - i900DXIF1/DZIA5

PHONE - i900DXID1

BLUETOOTH (2.0 + EDR)

S/W -2.0.3

WIFI ( IEEE 802.11 B/G)

S/W - 0.4.3.1

Does anyone know where I get this?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Bouvrie

Is there no DXIF1 shipped ROM available? I'm finally taking the plunge into building custom ROMs, and would like the latest WM6.1 ROM for i900 Omnia. So far I was using Khuanchai's WM6.1 DXIF1 custom ROM, and though I'd love to use that as base (only need to get rid of HTC Task Manager), the kitchen doesn't agree with me. :P

So, anyone able to provide a clean DXIF1 ROM to be used for cooking? Thanks!

Guest Drav3n

Hello all,

I'm new in business and i don't want to f**k up my phone.

My phone looks right now like this:

Version :

PDA: i900 DTHJ5/DTHJ5

PHONE: i900XXHJ1

Now i'm having problems with my touch screen and i need to be sure that it's not from the soft. It continually press a part of my screen around 3 key from my phone screen and also back key. I need to recalibrate the screen which is a mess sometimes. That's why i decided to change the firmware.

As I say above i'm not very familiar with that and i need some help.

So, if someone has time to help me please respond

1. What firmware is recommended for i900 Omnia and if it's tested and ok,

2. What programs are needed to be installed in order to have a clear update

3. Any other advices are welcomed.

Thank you very much

please also respond by e-mail if it's ok to: bogdanlupas[at]gmail[dot]com