CHARGE I617 with converse electrode,GPS cannot work

Guest liuqingquan

Guest liuqingquan

I DIY one chargeable cable , but electrode is reversed. Ruslt is

1.Led always is red,

2.put the battery ,then start system automaticly.

3.cannot use GPS,big problem

4.in system, always show battery is charging,volume is 100%.

capacitor is damaged. how can i fix by myself?

thank you every body!

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I DIY one chargeable cable , but electrode is reversed. Ruslt is

1.Led always is red,

2.put the battery ,then start system automaticly.

3.cannot use GPS,big problem

4.in system, always show battery is charging,volume is 100%.

capacitor is damaged. how can i fix by myself?

thank you every body!

Why did you DIY charge cable? Put phone into mass storage mode, it charges over USB.

Anyway, I have not seen any service manual for this handset yet. Where did you buy it? Samsung warranty is usually 2 years - do not mention what you did and they will not know. :D

M.S

Guest liuqingquan
Why did you DIY charge cable? Put phone into mass storage mode, it charges over USB.

Anyway, I have not seen any service manual for this handset yet. Where did you buy it? Samsung warranty is usually 2 years - do not mention what you did and they will not know. :D

M.S

Hello!

the usb data Cabale can not charge, so i DIY charge cable to charge with PC or laptop. no any warranty, maybe i spend time to fix in Samsung,

thank you

Guest Mysterious Stranger
You had other problems if you couldn't charge with the usb cable. The usb data cable should charge the phone.

Some people have to change system properties in the comp. or put the phone in mass storage mode for this to work though.

M.S

• 1 month later...
Guest johnnyletter

I'm having this problem...

Since the upgrade, it won't fully charge off of USB. I charge it in the car, but that's never enough juice to get through the day.

It won't die with USB charging (connected to the computer or USB/AC adapter), it's just like it charges minimally, or only provides power to keep it from draining more. I know this sounds weird, but that's what is happening...

Trying 'USB Mass Storage' mode to see if that makes a difference. It used to work with ActiveSync before... I only take my USB cord with me now...

I'll take it into AT&T tomorrow if it doesn't charge tonight - it should be interesting...