Email schedule

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

Is it possible to set up outlook to only check for email during the day? I don't really want to be woken up by spam in the middle of the night, so would like to set it up only to check between 7am and 11pm. Is there an easy way to do this?

Guest estechco
Is it possible to set up outlook to only check for email during the day? I don't really want to be woken up by spam in the middle of the night, so would like to set it up only to check between 7am and 11pm. Is there an easy way to do this?

You can setup the "schedule" under ActiveSync settings to only download email at specific times of the day and/or week?

Guest T39andcounting
You can setup the "schedule" under ActiveSync settings to only download email at specific times of the day and/or week?

It doesn't give me that option, probably because I don't use Outlook, so don't sync my email with my laptop.

Guest estechco
It doesn't give me that option, probably because I don't use Outlook, so don't sync my email with my laptop.

Didn't you mention Outlook in your original post (or did you just mean the WM version)?

Anyhoo, don't think this matters (I don't sync with laptop email either), but you can still set up a remote exchange server for instance via ActiveSync

Edited by estechco

Guest T39andcounting
Didn't you mention Outlook in your original post (or did you just mean the WM version)?

Anyhoo, don't think this matters (I don't sync with laptop email either), but you can still set up a remote exchange server for instance via ActiveSync

Yes, I meant the mobile version. I use Gmail IMAP, so don't have a remote exchange server or desktop to sync with. It's a shame you can't limit when it sends and receives, or even when it actually alerts you.

Guest estechco
Yes, I meant the mobile version. I use Gmail IMAP, so don't have a remote exchange server or desktop to sync with. It's a shame you can't limit when it sends and receives, or even when it actually alerts you.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject but this link might throw up some useful info?