Increased battery drain after upgrade to WM 6.1

Guest mrc3

Next problem after upgrading to HTC WWE latest version.

Battery barely makes it a full day.

Bluetooth is off, Wireless is off, HSDPA is off, GPS is not being used.

Configured to as near as I can get to pre upgrade configuration. (Pre upgrade, battery would last about 1.5 days.)

Any suggestions on where to look for whats draining the battery?

Thanks again folks,

Mike

Edited by mrc3

Next problem after upgrading to HTC WWE latest version.

Battery barely makes it a full day.

Bluetooth is off, Wireless is off, HSDPA is off, GPS is not being used.

Configured to as near as I can get to pre upgrade configuration. (Pre upgrade, battery would last about 1.5 days.)

Any suggestions on where to look for whats draining the battery?

Thanks again folks,

Mike

Okay, I think I have it figured out... but not sure how to fix.

I have the phone (Under Backlight.Battery power) to turn OFF after 10 seconds... However it only dim's to about half brightness after 10 seconds and stays that way indefinately. After the upgrade I noticed that the phone was setup to power off after 1 minute of disuse while on battery power. I didn't want that, because I have background apps that check email and notify me if any important ones arrive. I assumed that if powered off, it would not be running this app in the background so I disabled it.

Previously, the phone would dim after a few seconds of disuse, but then the backlight would go out entirely after somewhat more time. However, pushing any button or touching the screen would bring the backlight back on.

Can anybody guide me on how to get back to that behavior? (Short of downgrading back to WM 6.0 :D )

Thanks,

Mike

the program should run in the backgroud wile powered off (with the screen off not the unit) so just set it back up the way you had it before your upgrade.

Also under the power settings is the timer for when to turn off the device if on battery power check that setting.

Edited by pdtp

the program should run in the backgroud wile powered off (with the screen off not the unit) so just set it back up the way you had it before your upgrade.

Also under the power settings is the timer for when to turn off the device if on battery power check that setting.

Yep, got thrown off by UI changes... Should have tested my assumption before posting. Working now, thanks.

So to summarize:

With WM 6.0 when the system blanked the screen backlight completely... all it took to bring it back was a button press of any button or , I believe, touch screen.

With WM 6.1, the only way to bring it back is to touch the power button.

In both cases, all background functionality is active.

Thanks again,

Mike