My 6.1 Moans

TyTN II with duttys custom rom from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=388947)

Not sure if these moans are down to 6.1 in general or the custom rom so would appreciate some pointers?

Messaging:

When addressing a text or email after 3 letters had been entered a box popped up displaying all of the possible contacts it could be, this no longer happens. Now, I have to type a whole first name and then when I press SPACE the choice box is displayed, but only one contact is displayed and I have to joystick left / right to select.

I have disabled the SMS threading using a registry tweak, as I use folders for jokes etc, and with threading enabled you cant use folders so it would seem.

Typing:

When typing an SMS using the keyboard, it seems to jumble up the letters, so I end up having to go back and correct it all the time. EG if I type "hello jon" it might come out as "helloj ohn". This seems to be happening quite a lot.

Activesync:

Will no longer sync with my company exchange server. Error code is 8503001c which is not found on microsoft.com Same settings were working fine on the 6.0 machine.

Calendar appointments will not sync from PC to device. If I make an appointment on the device it syncs to the PC, if I then modify it from the PC this change does not sync back to the device. If I delete it on the PC it deletes from the device. Driving me up the bloody wall. I have re-created parterships, exported my calendar, clearead outlook and re-imported, run scanpst.exe and fixed errors, all no effect.

If I can solve these issues I'll be a happy bunny again!

Guest Confucious

Why not ask in the dutty thread on xda where they will be able to tell you if the problems are with that specific ROM?

As for Error code is 8503001c - you don't say if you are using AS or WMDC and which version? there was a problem with WMDC 6.1 but I thought they had fixed it - are you up to date?

Why not ask in the dutty thread on xda where they will be able to tell you if the problems are with that specific ROM?

As for Error code is 8503001c - you don't say if you are using AS or WMDC and which version? there was a problem with WMDC 6.1 but I thought they had fixed it - are you up to date?

AS 4.5 fully up to date, Outlook 2007. XP Pro SP3.