Upgrading from a Vario III

Guest DJ_Enigma

Guest DJ_Enigma

Been wondering.... when you contracts are up will there even be anything worth upgrading to?

I still really rate this phone and don't see that T-Mobile have anything better to offer.

Do they?/will they?

Cheers,

DJ

Guest tsutton

Assuming the market stays the same (fat chance) I hope to upgrade to the Diamond or something similar.

I am still a fan of the slide out keyboard as I found it useful.

Guest weeerob

I'm wondering about the Diamond or Diamond Pro, going from Vario III to the Pro would be the easiest option but I'd like to have a play on the diamond to see what it's like not having a keyboard as I too really like it.

Guest deadphill

Well my current device is a Vario 3 and I am awaiting the touch pro for my next upgrade.

My better half has the Diamond, and is still using her old phone. We now have 4 phones for two of us to use so I have taken to using the diamond this week, as I am probably going to list my Vario 3 later as we need the cash (getting married next month) and we could have a potential to have 5 phones for two people!

While I do like the diamond and what it does, I cant get on with the typing on the screen. I much prefer a keyboard. I loved the keyboard that the Universal had, and since have still liked the keyboards on the slide out devices, aka the wizard, hermes and kaiser. From what I have seen, the Touch Pro has all the good features of the Diamond, a MASSIVE amount of memory (like 300MB) and has a keyboard reminisant of the Universal.

The only other thing for me with the diamond is that the battery life with average usage is only about a day, so you will HAVE to charge the damn thing at every given opportunity. Not normally a problem for me, as when I am at work it is either charging from the laptop or if I am in the car it will be charged there. However I need the phone for TOMTOM and I am not going to buy a holder for the Diamond when I am about to get a different handset, so its there that I switch back to the Kaiser.

My problem is that the phone is so so good, packed with features, but in order to use them a lot on a given day you really have to be able to charge the damn thing when you are not.

Personally, where I stand now, I would go for the touch pro, because if it promises to stand up to its promises of being every bit as good as the diamond on features, and has better battery life, and a really decent keyboard, its got to be a winner.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phill

Guest Mr Alom

T-Mobile has already revealed the MDA Compact IV (HTC Diamond) and I think their getting out the MDA Vario IV (HTC Rapheal) in/around September.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest psionandy
T-Mobile has already revealed the MDA Compact IV (HTC Diamond) and I think their getting out the MDA Vario IV (HTC Rapheal) in/around September.

The Omnia would be a possible step up, but i've sent mine back because of poor wifi... so that leaves

1) Vario IV (comming soon)

2) HTC touch pro (unbranded)

3) Sony XP1 (voda or unbranded)

4) Palm treo pro (unbranded)

as the only possible winmo upgrades at the moment... touch diamond doesn't appeal as anyting with less battery life than the vario iii isn't going to work.

maybe i'll have to sit tight for another 6 months....