In the US and looking for a SkyFire invite? Skyfire open the floodgates for a limited time...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
skyfire.png
If you've not heard of SkyFire then a. where have you been and b. here's the lowdown from the Skyfire product page...

Skyfire is a free, downloadable mobile web browser that makes browsing on your phone exactly like browsing on your PC.

For the first time ever, you can watch any web video, listen to any web music, stay connected on any social network and browse whatever you want. Anything you can browse from your PC, you can now browse from your mobile phone.

Sounds good right? :D

Before now invites have been required to get on to the Beta, but for a limited period (until 30th August) and apparently in celebration of Michael Phelps' success in the Olympics, you can sign up immediately using the special code 'Michael8'. The idea is that you can use Skyfire to watch the olympics using the streaming features of the browser.

Of course, the usual caveat applies - you MUST be in the USA to sign up :D :angry: Eligible? Want to sign up? Then head on over!

P

just do wat i did and say ur from the US. just put in a US uni as ur address. and bingo i signed up back in feb i think.

boooooooooooo! Still US only!! I'm gagging to try this out.

I was on the waiting list and was a bit dubious as to whether it would work, but it did! :D

Been playing around with it on my BlackJack 2 and works very nicely. Not quite as quick to load pages as Opera mini, but obviously all the added functionality of the full www is well worth the sacrifice!

Cheers for the tip, and hopefully by the time I return to the UK in a year or two it'll be available there too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.