Require grid reference readout from GPS

Guest shirozina

Guest andrewkeith5

do you mean the ordnance survey grid of the UK, or some other grid system like a map or something? there are hundreds of different grid navigation systems in use in the UK

if you mean the OS national grid, then you can buy/download a program called Memory Map (memory-map.co.uk). The cost depends on which maps you buy it with, but the cheapest version is the national parks in 1:25k, which is £20 from amazon, but this will only give you the OS coordinates if you are within the boundaries of the maps you have installed on the phone.

the only other program I know of that might be able to calculate OS grid locations is Quo by Mapyx, which is cheaper but I don't think there is a windows mobile version

Guest shirozina
do you mean the ordnance survey grid of the UK, or some other grid system like a map or something? there are hundreds of different grid navigation systems in use in the UK

if you mean the OS national grid, then you can buy/download a program called Memory Map (memory-map.co.uk). The cost depends on which maps you buy it with, but the cheapest version is the national parks in 1:25k, which is £20 from amazon, but this will only give you the OS coordinates if you are within the boundaries of the maps you have installed on the phone.

the only other program I know of that might be able to calculate OS grid locations is Quo by Mapyx, which is cheaper but I don't think there is a windows mobile version

Thanks Andrew but I think I have solved it with an app called 'GPS speed sentry' - this is a GPS speed monitoring application that tells you when you are approaching or have exceded a user set road speed but it also has a continuously updating OSgrid reference display which is exactly what I was after. It seems to locate and get a fix much quicker than Tom Tom as well.

Guest andrewkeith5

there is, but its quite complicated and i've yet to find one that has worked when i've tried

Edited by andrewkeith5

• 1 month later...