Co Pilot 7 install problems

Guest douthers

Guest douthers

Received my new Touch Diamond on Orange upgrade last week and I'm quite pleased with it. After using Tom Tom Navigator 6 with my old M700 for the last 18 months I decided to purchase Co Pilot 7 Touch Diamond edition to cover my navigational needs this time, mainly because of the uncertainty regarding future Tom Tom support for mobile devices. Received the European maps version on DVD yesterday but can't get it to install to my Diamond's internal memory. :D The DVD installer fails before anything gets copied across (Using XP Pro SP2). I tried copying everything across manually but the program won't run. Has anyone got a solution to this please? If anyone has done a manual install some guidance as to what the folder structure should look like when everything is copied across correctly would be really appreciated. I don't want to copy loads of files across that aren't needed. £99 lighter and not happy at the moment!

Thanks in advance!

Guest douthers
Check with ALK's support site. I know there have been some installation issues but that its quite simple to get it sorted.

Thanks mate... have looked there previously and not found a solution. Will check back and look again.. Anyone else?

Guest douthers

Thanks jimbouk.... People other then me have obviously experienced this issue. I'll post over there to get some specific instructions! Cheers.

Guest douthers

Given up! No luck getting this installed despite trying for over a week. No response from ALK despite 3 requests for assistance :D Returned to Amazon for refund as not fit for purpose. Upgraded Tom Tom Navigator 6 to latest European maps which was up and running in no time. Better the devil you know etc :D

Edited by douthers

Guest FatBloke23

Is this the right thread for this? Not sure...but it's probably better than starting a new one!

Okay, so I've flashed my Compact IV* (UK T-Mob)...and I completely didn't twig that I'd lose my CoPilot 7 demo. Bugger -- I'd wanted to try it out so I could decide between it and TomTom (having gotten pretty annoyed at times with CoPilot 6 on my Artemis). Anyway, does anyone out there have a CAB so I can reinstall it?

* Wait 'til payday and them donations'll be a-comin'!

Help! ;)