[PICS] TV Out on the Touch Pro

Guest PPCInformer

Guest PPCInformer

As you all might already know the HTC Touch Pro has TV-out functionality, unfortunately the TV-Out cable is not provided by HTC. Fortunately for us sub69 from xda-developers.com has put up a post describing in pictures how well this function really works.

When you plug it in the TV-Out you get the option to choose between NTSC and PAL. The device also automatically rotates to landscape mode. The Menu screen gives you quick access to applications like Powerpoint Mobile , the Youtube player and Internet using the Opera Mobile.

He also played a movie using Coreplayer and reported there was a bit of flicker when using the “Qtv Display” option, but the “DirectDraw” option was flicker free, and worked flawlessly! No slowdown or judder at all with a 700Mb file, and the picture quality on the TV was surprisingly good. ( so the Video Driver issue that plagued the TyTN2 might not bother the Touch Pro ).

Impressive...?

post-392773-1219646591_thumb.jpg post-392773-1219646604_thumb.jpg

post-392773-1219646619_thumb.jpg post-392773-1219646632_thumb.jpg

post-392773-1219646652_thumb.jpg post-392773-1219646667_thumb.jpg

post-392773-1219646680_thumb.jpg post-392773-1219646721_thumb.jpg

Edited by tsutton
Photo formatting

Guest Mysterious Stranger

I would have read this article except for the poor typesetting meaning it didn't wrap to my browser ;-)

Perhaps a few less pics in the news post please - maybe just a link to the main topic?

(Yes I've colapsed the thread and yes it's gone back to normal)

M.S

Guest FragMeister

all we need now is for someone to get a Wiimote to talk to the Touch Pro [bluetooth] so that you can control this from your armchair instead of using the touchscreen!

Guest Thumper Net

well vodafone uk are soon selling it along with orange , iam tempted by this phone as the iphone 3g i have is 100% crap ( a bad buy sadly ) but loose here its 499 euros something i will have to save up for or sell my wifes small lappy when shes away :D

Guest pd.ryder
well vodafone uk are soon selling it along with orange , iam tempted by this phone as the iphone 3g i have is 100% crap ( a bad buy sadly ) but loose here its 499 euros something i will have to save up for or sell my wifes small lappy when shes away :D

Just sell the wife..?

You can sell 'em a few times over apparently cus they keep coming back... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.