i900 Omnia dead after firmware upgrade

Guest Dine SS

Guest Dine SS

I did a firmware upgrade to my i900 omnia; as result the phone go black (black screen); no way to switch it on.

Please help me to solve this issue.

My thanks

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I did a firmware upgrade to my i900 omnia; as result the phone go black (black screen); no way to switch it on.

Please help me to solve this issue.

My thanks

More info please - what model version i900 do you have, what firmware did you have, and what firmware were you trying to flash?

M.S

Guest Dine SS
More info please - what model version i900 do you have, what firmware did you have, and what firmware were you trying to flash?

M.S

I have Samsung i900 Omnia

I have DXHG4=> DXHH1

Guest broughs

I am in exactly the same position, I have version DXHG4 => DXHH1 by the exe method. I reckon the motherboard has gone. Funny how some handsets work otherd don't. Mine was from Hong Kong and set to SG for the first update which went fine then the second via the exe - bricked

Stu

Edited by broughs

Guest broughs
Bricked with no display or do you get the Omnia logo?

P

Completely dead no power, no light when charging, no display, nothing, finito 'dead' A service centre now methinks !!

Stu

Edited by broughs

Guest broughs
Ummm, yeah, that sounds terminal!

P

I wonder if there was a bad batch of motherboards - seen a lot of this on PPCSG. Appeared to be random on whether it worked or not although some people put it down to Vista - but I was using XP

Stu

Guest geek78

could someone translate this from chinese to english (or french :D ) Seems to be someting related to your issue....

现在论坛里面有很多兄弟入手I900后都急于刷机,更有相当一部

Guest Paul (MVP)
Forum there are now many brothers are eager to start I900 after brushing machine, a rather more

Brush a friend I908E the ROM, which also includes my own! PDA part of its consequences is normal, but some thoroughly brush PHONE linked to the SIM card is not identification

Phone features can not be used.

The cause of the serious consequences of the reasons is that, since the early 2008, Samsung in order to block

** Parallel machines on the impact of the licensed importer, (as we all know, Samsung high-end machines licensed \ parallel machines huge price gap, the real friends on the Samsung machine is not possible

The licensed) to take a very BT's strategy, which is to \ machine hardware architecture and water board is different, Samsung machines to water-brush software

History came to an end!

If the I900 brush I908E ROM lead PHONE change the brick, then re-brush attempt by software

Remedy is futile, because in the brush I908EROM at the same time, the hardware not the same, I90

The character has been damaged, resulting in some locked PHONE. Simply re-brush software, regardless of

The results are not what efforts COM0 port. This is Samsung I450 and brush licensed software

Are the consequences of the same. After three weeks in China and after-sales maintenance of the senior project

Friends repeatedly test, in order to repair PHONE part of Taiwan only to find the original I900, apart

Remove the character-chip, using special equipment to read character, and then linked to brush Kaoru

I900 within the character. I900 all the brush and then re-ROM, machine back to normal use.

Looking to brush linked to a friend help! ! ! It was also reminded of a friend on Samsung machines

Samsung's latest strategy to BT, the purchase of parallel machines friends 1000

Do not brush licensed software, because the two machines, hardware and motherboard do not like, brush

A lot of trouble! ! ! Remember! ! !

:D

P

Guest broughs
I have used also google to translate but i am not sure that is the good way , because I don't understand clearly what is the issue :D

You and me both !! As a matter of interest do people flash with or without sim cards present. I flashed with Orange sim in place ?

Stu

Guest Paul (MVP)

I flash with my T-Mo SIM in place and a microSD.

It's very odd, some people have even reported dead devices after flashing the original official upgrade!

P

Guest broughs
I flash with my T-Mo SIM in place and a microSD.

It's very odd, some people have even reported dead devices after flashing the original official upgrade!

P

Begins to sound like suspect hardware on some devices. I got the MONAHANS too after upgrading straight from DXHG4. Time will tell!

Stu

Edited by broughs

Guest DukeCroft

Get blank screen after the G5 update. Flash sounds good until the end but after the reboot, Omnia never wake up. No Omnia screen anymore.

When I plug the Omnia, no reaction under XP, no sound, nothing ! Officialy dead ?

Omnia comes from Singapour with DXHG2 ROM. Updated with official DXHG4 without problem. Updated with unofficial DXHG1 PDA without problem.

Wanted to put G5 ROM and H1 PDA after, but Omnia never wake up after flashing G5 ROM.

I tried hard reset by pressing CALL and UNCALL button together and a pressure under the softreset but no reaction.

Guest Dine SS

some people used:

press "3" + "*" and the GREEN button and made a hard reset

can any body try it? my phone is back to the samsung service center!!

Guest broughs
some people used:

press "3" + "*" and the GREEN button and made a hard reset

can any body try it? my phone is back to the samsung service center!!

What do you mean '3' + '*' on the phone . I have mine here and it is dead and willing to try but don't understand what you mean

Stu

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you are at the black MONAHANS screen, I don't think there's anything that can be done to help.

I assume that pressing reset when holding down the two front call buttons (the normal hard reset combo) does nothing?

P

Guest broughs
If you are at the black MONAHANS screen, I don't think there's anything that can be done to help.

I assume that pressing reset when holding down the two front call buttons (the normal hard reset combo) does nothing?

P

Yes, tried many times.

Stu