i900 Omnia dead after firmware upgrade

Guest Dine SS

Guest stephanizer

Hi,

Brought my i900 last thursday to an authorized Samsung Service Center (KPN, Spaklerweg 9 Amsterdam)

Because it is empty now they will send it to Samsung to let them program it with the earlier Vodafone software version (too bad not without the vodafoon sofware). I will take about 3 weeks!

So, I just have to wait.. ;)

Guest stephanizer
I feel that I have a big problem: my omnia, during the upgrade process, after 89% shows: SDROM error.

Only the red pilot in charge works, but no Samsung logo, only black screen.

It is really dead? ;)

The ActiveSync and modem driver don't recognize the device

Can you help me please? :wacko:

When the software is gone or incomplete you can't connect to it anymore. SDROM error sounds like a hardware failure. I think you'll have to bring your i900 also to a Samsung Service Center.

Edited by stephanizer

Guest Amerikiwi

Mines dead as well and only black screen and red power light.

I waited until the official update was posted HH3 and was upgrading from DXHG4.

Did it on XP machine and all went smoothly right up to 'you can now remove device'

Phone automatically turned off and that was it...dead!!!

Considering I waited to an official update was released this definately is not good enough.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest starflare04

Hello all,

I made the noobest mistake ever made this morning when flashing my omnia, first of all, i have not bricked any phone before, psp, xbox or whatever device i had flashed, and i have done more than 100 flashes. But this morning i was so excited to test Paul newest cooked rom and i didnt realize my omnia was in critical low battery :lol: , BTW i was calibrating the battery haha.

So after starting the flashing process my omnia got the "Download failed" after PDA image,

then it turned off, and after connect it to the PC was not recharging, no active sync, no anything.... sucked... BTW i was doing this in my job :D hehe.

then when i pressed my omnia at the top button, i just see a red flashing and turned off... so i realized i need to recharge this little toy...

After coming back to home and made some prays on the way, i recharge it for about 1 hour to the wall, and when i turn it on ....the moment of truth... tataratata..

A beautiful logo.

photo1xr4.th.jpgthpix.gif

A phone with a "you are doom come to service center" triangle.

Anyway, i was thinking in two scenarios.

1.- take it to samsung service center (errr.. kind of expensive for me, since i dont know any close to my city, i live in Qro, Mexico)

2.- Fix this sucker or i will have spare parts for a new one.

i choosed # 2

So my 1st problem was... "My main computer is a Macbook pro, bro is time to turn on the old toaster"

Now Back to my Pentium 4 Pc...

I installed active sync, samsung driver.

now after connecting the phone to the computer... nothing...

hmmm.... i executed paul newest cooked rom and it was waiting for my device for being recognize... so the question would be how....

the following options came to my mind,

1.- Hold top button and restart, 2.- Soft reset, 3.- Hard reset, 4.- remove battery, 5.- use a hammer on phone, 6.-use a hammer on pc.

So i tried to turn off the device... i hold the top button for 10 seconds and nothing.... the phone triangle logo was still there.

Going to option 2

Soft reset... device is recognized!.... What?... started the flashing process and now i have the HJ5 /MCR1 Rom..

So the lesson here is... try everything before take it to service center... or if you dont feel good to fix it.. take it to some technician, but always stay calm, think, read tutorails, think again, breath, and play....

this was even the closest brick that i had experienced... but is the closest on my omnia.

Sorry for my english, but is not my native language.

Good luck..

Guest Binh Nguyen

Congratulations to your success. Unfortunately for someone like me who already broke the phone ROM couldn't flash it back. I tried every possible solutions myself couldn't fix it. I even sent it to expert PDA hackers (paid service) but they give up too.

Well, that's a loss. Accepted loss.

Thanks for for sharing your experience.

So the lesson here is... try everything before take it to service center... or if you dont feel good to fix it.. take it to some technician, but always stay calm, think, read tutorails, think again, breath, and play....

V. funny post starflare. Don't apologise for your English, I'm English and your post was more than good enough to make me laugh. Nice one!

Glad you fixed it in the end.

Guest tropolite

Just bricked my phone after a successful update to J1. Then my phone died after a second flash saying it 'successfully' updated to the MCR01 (the custom rom).

A point to note. Perhaps this has something to do in recognising the faulty hardware batches, but my phone would never do a hard reset using the Omnia keys and soft reset button. Now my phone is in the MONAHANS state with no red light.

Looks like an international trip to Singapore for my phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest mattlow93
Bricked my phone today ..

no power , no red ligh or whatsoever ...

tried evry combination of hardware buttons with no luck

my 9 day old phone is dEaD B)

bricked mine within an hour of having it B)

What annoys me most is that we really shouldn't have to update the firmware. Samsung should have properly tested the Omnia before launching it, and put a good firmware on the phone in the first place.

bricked mine within an hour of having it B)

What annoys me most is that we really shouldn't have to update the firmware. Samsung should have properly tested the Omnia before launching it, and put a good firmware on the phone in the first place.

I am waiting to see what expansys will do with my phone ( replace or credit or whatever )

I am thinking of getting rid of it as soon as it arrives .. probably exchange for an HTC or a nokia 5800 ..

I just started to like the OMNIA but now my feelings are declining B)

Found this on the Samsung Update site ...

11. Will the warranty be void if I update my phone software using Samsung OMNIA Updater?

As long as you follow the instructions, your warranty will be still covered

This is the helpful tip from SAMSUNG

30. My phone 'died' during an update, what should I do?

Please visit our service website for more information.

huh ...

Guest Jokes On You
Found this on the Samsung Update site ...

11. Will the warranty be void if I update my phone software using Samsung OMNIA Updater?

As long as you follow the instructions, your warranty will be still covered

This is the helpful tip from SAMSUNG

30. My phone 'died' during an update, what should I do?

Please visit our service website for more information.

huh ...

Just ignore that. Just call them and tell them what happened. Once its sent you should get your phone back good as new. B)

Guest tropolite

Hi all... here's my story and a question for you...

My phone had the dreaded Monahans problem at the beginning of November. I sent the phone back to Singapore for the second time.

I've been told my phone has been fixed - finally. They replaced the main board as that is the way the Samsung Service Crew fix this problem.

I'm interested in finding out - from all those that have bricked their phone how many could perform a Hard Reset using the Call and End keys and the soft reset button before the phone broke ? I could never perform a Hard Reset using the keys.

The dealer I bought the phone from in Singapore tried Hard Resetting my phone after it returned from the Samsung Service Centre and still no Hard Reset could be performed. He's taken it back to the service centre to get that fixed too before sending it back to me.

Cheers

my phone died so quick that i did not have a chance to try that.

But I had a strange thing happening . when i change the accelerometer effect ( zoom , standard , twist ) it did not save my choice and always gets back to the original setting . which gave me a feeling that the phone couldnt write to a specific area in the memory ... ( that was just a guess ) but an indicator that something wrong is happening.

I will send my phone today to the supplier

• 1 month later...
Guest undagroundrican

hello i live in the united states and i just bricked my omnia while updating the firmware from their site there is no screen and it doesnt turn on.

I was running the:

pda: i900dthj9/dthj9

phone: i900xxhj1

i was trying to flash the new : i900dzhk3

my question is i brought this phone off of ebay a regular seller and i wanted to know if the warranty for this device would cover this ?

i only have a copy of the money i sent the guy through paypal also what is the phone number for the australian service center ? i cant call the 1300362603 from the US can I? i tried and it doesnt let me i also tried new zealand 0800samsung.

this is crazy i just got the phone last week!!!!!!!!

I paid $475 now thats out the window darn it. and if any1 wants to buy it i'll sell it cheap.

hello i live in the united states and i just bricked my omnia while updating the firmware from their site there is no screen and it doesnt turn on.

I was running the:

pda: i900dthj9/dthj9

phone: i900xxhj1

i was trying to flash the new : i900dzhk3

my question is i brought this phone off of ebay a regular seller and i wanted to know if the warranty for this device would cover this ?

i only have a copy of the money i sent the guy through paypal also what is the phone number for the australian service center ? i cant call the 1300362603 from the US can I? i tried and it doesnt let me i also tried new zealand 0800samsung.

this is crazy i just got the phone last week!!!!!!!!

I paid $475 now thats out the window darn it. and if any1 wants to buy it i'll sell it cheap.

There is a solution to repair it:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

If you dont whant to repair it, i will buy it...

Guest j_a_s_l

hi just updated my DXHJ1 to DXHK3 (xp) the installation run smoothly until a pop a said that i can now remove the cable..after the the phone freeze in samsung logo... i hv i900...any solution to this problem? should i bring this to samsung service center?

• 6 months later...
Guest Electroboy
hi just updated my DXHJ1 to DXHK3 (xp) the installation run smoothly until a pop a said that i can now remove the cable..after the the phone freeze in samsung logo... i hv i900...any solution to this problem? should i bring this to samsung service center?

or another solution www.omnia-repair.com

You can also send us phone to repair !

www.omnia-repair.com

Best Regards