WM6.1 to Fix GPS Issues

Guest nick491

Guest nick491

Here is the deal: I purchased two refurbished BlackJack 2's in June from ATT. I've read most of the posts relating to resolving issues with the GPS unit. Only hard-resetting (holding the power while holding up on the D-Pad, then following the instructions) works, and it only works intermittently (maybe once every 3 hard-resets). The software hacks on this site also has varied results. I don't beleive that there is a method to getting the GPS to work, I think these successes are all just coincidence (since I've tried all of the GPS fix "methods" on multiple phones). :D

So my warranty is over on these phones as of Sept. :angry: Instead of letting my warranty expire, I wanted a new (and hopefully 100% functional) phone. I called ATT, they referred me to Samsung. Samsung support advised that this is an issue on many "random" units. I was advised that there is an unreleased driver included in the WM6.1 update which of course is unavailable. :D

BTW: If you want to have your phone replaced, ATT will force you to pay and install the Navigator software/service to "prove" that the GPS is non-functional/intermittent before you can get a new phone. :(

-Nick

Guest MadSci

Gotta love that support for Refurbed devices eh!

BTW, did they offer any idea when 6.1 will be out?

(I know, I shouldn't torture myself like this! :D )

MadSci

Here is the deal: I purchased two refurbished BlackJack 2's in June from ATT. I've read most of the posts relating to resolving issues with the GPS unit. Only hard-resetting (holding the power while holding up on the D-Pad, then following the instructions) works, and it only works intermittently (maybe once every 3 hard-resets). The software hacks on this site also has varied results. I don't beleive that there is a method to getting the GPS to work, I think these successes are all just coincidence (since I've tried all of the GPS fix "methods" on multiple phones). :D

So my warranty is over on these phones as of Sept. :( Instead of letting my warranty expire, I wanted a new (and hopefully 100% functional) phone. I called ATT, they referred me to Samsung. Samsung support advised that this is an issue on many "random" units. I was advised that there is an unreleased driver included in the WM6.1 update which of course is unavailable. :angry:

BTW: If you want to have your phone replaced, ATT will force you to pay and install the Navigator software/service to "prove" that the GPS is non-functional/intermittent before you can get a new phone. :P

-Nick

Guest nick491
Gotta love that support for Refurbed devices eh!

BTW, did they offer any idea when 6.1 will be out?

(I know, I shouldn't torture myself like this! :D )

MadSci

sry dooder, no date (they're keeping that sh** a secret). However, Samsung level 2 support advised that it should be out soon (he said he would email me the date but he never did :D ). I believe the service providers are still adding/testing features. This impression was reinforced by ATT level 2 support...

Guest nick491
sry dooder, no date (they're keeping that sh** a secret). However, Samsung level 2 support advised that it should be out soon (he said he would email me the date but he never did :D ). I believe the service providers are still adding/testing features. This impression was reinforced by ATT level 2 support...

www.samsung.com/us/i617/windowsupgrade

6.1 made a WORLD of difference.. my BJ2 now starts seeing satellites almost immediately with Google Maps.. it's not quite as accurate as my Bluetooth GPS receiver, but is close enough so that I don't have to mess with the extra hassle of my external one..