Hard reset on partial battery? did I mess up?

Guest john redcorn

Guest john redcorn

So a few things were getting weird on my phone including a problem with ledalerts, their tech support suggested a hard reset so I went ahead and did it last night.

Immediately after doing so I remembered reading something once that said make sure to have a fully charged batt when hard resetting because wm sees your battery as "full" after the reset no matter what its charge level is. (and subsequently will never charge it past that level) I didn't do this, my battery was probably only 1/3rd charged.

Is that true that it needs to be full? I can't seem to find much with google.

It charged overnigth last night and I had complete crap battery life today, I got the "warning charge your batt" pop up at about 10pm on light use during the day today. normally I could make it almost 2 days before charging, and make it almost 2 days talking and internetting more than I did today.

If I messed up is there a fix? My friend has a bj2 also, could he charge his batt fully, I put that in mine and hard reset (hope I dont have to) again?

Edited by john redcorn

Guest awarner (MVP)

That was definitly the case with older devices (first seen with the E200). The only cure as such from memory would be to fully charge the battery then hard reset again.

Why not try swapping batteries with your friend just to see how long the charge holds on both devices, that way you could see that it is either a possible sofware issue or that it could actually be the battery that is at fault.

Guest john redcorn

To anyone curious my battery life has been fine the last 3 days, still 4 bars at dinner time. don't know what was up tuesday and why it died so quick. but it doesn't appear I did any type of screwing with my battery life by hard-resetting on a partial batt.

edit: I found out last night the LEDalerts problem still exists after hard reset.

(I've seen someone else on this forum mention they were having the problem too. After 2 - 3 days ledalerts just doesn't flash the led for any missed calls, texts etc. unless you restart the phone or restart the ledservice)

Edited by john redcorn