What is in the box?

Guest andybarker

Guest andybarker

Getting a T-Mobile Compact IV / Diamond on Saturday, and wondered what was in the box. I am off on holiday the following weekend, so would like to order any stuff I really need / want before getting the phone to ensure I'm all ready for the holiday.

My main thoughts are about a case - won't have the phone in my pocket, will be in a bag somewhere, so needs protecting in something that it won't slide out of (seen that some people got a phone glove, rather than a full wrap around case).

Also charger options - was thinking about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HTC-Touch-Diamond-US...oQQcmdZViewItem

Fits UK and Euro easily, and can be used in the car also.

Many thanks

Guest Paul (MVP)

No case in box with the Diamond, but the Compact IV version has a little felt case.

I have the SO 390 case and love it, not bad at 12 quid, especially if you bump your order up to £20 then use a MoDaCo tenner off voucher :D

If you like to use proper 3.5mm headphones, you should consider the ExtUSB to 3.5mm adaptor.

P

Guest andybarker

Thanks for the quick response.

The SO390 case is the kind I really don't want for the holiday - too easy for it to slip out in a rucsac or similar. Would work well in my jacket pocket during my non-holiday time. When on holiday, it will not have the phone part turned on and will be used mainly for a bit of GPS work (where the hell are we now?), some emailing, etc. I do have a generic camera pouch I could use (oversized, but better than nowt).

As for music - I tend to use a little iPod like gizmo, and leave the phone for phone / PDA activities. When making calls, I have a Jabra bluetooth headset I like. If I were to use wired headset using my own headphones, I'd probably tend towards products like Headset Adaptor w/mic and H/A for HTC Touch

Guest newtonmj

I'm with Orange so this may be of no use whatsoever, however my Diamond came with a leather case just like the one Paul linked to - perhaps it's the very same one? Anyway, I can tell you it is a very secure fit and there's no way the Diamond could slide out unintended. It offers good protection too so I'm sure it would suit your needs.

That said, as Paul knows what he's talking about perhaps T-Mobile don't supply them and so if you're having to fork out for one you might as well get one you know will suit your needs perfectly.

Mathew

Guest andybarker

Seems i'm not getting my phone on Saturday. When T-Mobile said "you can pick it up from the store", I presumed this meant it was reserved. Called today to double check, and the store didn't have a phone for me. Called retentions again, and the woman said they can't see store stock levels - they have to call them individually to check for stock.

So "you can pick it up from the store" meant "you can go pick it up from the store if they have any, but I can't check, and if you call to check it still may have gone by the time you get there".

Grrrr.

Guest andybarker

Just got SMS from T-Mobile, my phone should be with me tomorrow for 1pm :D

Guess the date of the 4th that was quoted to others turned out to be true. Yay

So I will have my new toy the day before going on hols :D Hope I have enough time to install all my favorite apps before we go.

Guest andybarker

It has just arrived - Yay!

Comes with spare stylus, a rather soft felt bag (will do me for the holiday) all in a rather swanky box (magnetic catch).

Ready fitted screen protector is horrid! Not meant to be left on I hope - is clearly visible, bubbles around the buttons at the bottom. Hopeless

Guest FatBloke23
It has just arrived - Yay!

Comes with spare stylus, a rather soft felt bag (will do me for the holiday) all in a rather swanky box (magnetic catch).

Ready fitted screen protector is horrid! Not meant to be left on I hope - is clearly visible, bubbles around the buttons at the bottom. Hopeless

Pretty sure the "ready fitted screen protector" is just to protect it in transit, etc. -- the direction "pad" is just about unusable with it, and it's got a large not-quite-clear border that partially obscures a fair chunk of screen.

Have you found the real screen protector in amongst the documents?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andybarker

Never saw the screen protector until you mentioned it... now fitted ;)

Going to look into a ROM update, as the phone gets quite sluggish if not rebooted every day or so.