How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Guest dwallersv
there are several ways that I am reading here to turn up the volume. some are very complex (like the last two pages) and some are simple. However, there does not see to be a consensus. i have tried the sound tester way and it did not work. if any one can tell me a "quick" and "proven" tip to turn up my bluetooth headset I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Please see post #203. It contains a more detailed explanation of how SoundTester works (or doesn't, as the case may be :)), how SoundTester interacts with the registry, and a much, much simpler method to adjust these settings.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pianoman724

Ok...I don't understand how to do this...and I might be stupid by asking this, but do I have to dial that code you gave? I enter it in but nothing happens...is there something that I am missing?

Guest warjunkie
Ok...I don't understand how to do this...and I might be stupid by asking this, but do I have to dial that code you gave? I enter it in but nothing happens...is there something that I am missing?

is this only for i900??

Because im having same problem as this person above and we both use i910

is this only for i900??

Because im having same problem as this person above and we both use i910

The dial code works for the i900 and soundtester.exe (in windows folder) works for the i910.

Before you start messing with soundtester read up on it since it is convoluted the way you have to make it work plus it may change more than you want changed.

I have made my own ROM. Everything is ok, but I can´t re-configure the audio settings

When I type the *#0002*28346# nothings happens

There´s other way to do this ?

Guest dwallersv
anyone knows why i can´t change the values in TALKING/SPEAKERPHONE ???

i have changed different values in NORMAL/HANDSET and TALKING/HANDSET without problems,

but the TX and RX values of SPEAKERPHONE will reset anytime i enter the settings

it doesn´t matter if i press APPLY or not !!!

please help me, i can´t use the speakerphone in my car, because they are so low that i hear almost nothing !!!! :D

See this post.

Guest dwallersv
I have made my own ROM. Everything is ok, but I can´t re-configure the audio settings

You probably didn't include SoundTester.exe in your ROM. All that key sequence does is run SoundTester.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cooling_dexter

Hi Broda,

the other way to do it is to use the favhacking software to open the audio control box and do the changes.

You can easily find the cab file here in the forum.. have fun .. :)

Guest LazyTongue

i tried to find Soundtester.exe using resco file explorer...i found...but when i tried to find in Windows, go to alphabet S. i couldn't find...:| can anyone help......how come arr

Guest Voltron8Myhat

I'm trying to find a list of definitions for all the settings in Soundtester.exe

For instance, AudioControl>Handset Talking shows

RCV(02)

RX(16)

MPBST(22)

MVOL(0E)

M2BST(10)

TX(08)

I'd like to know exactly what each of these (and the other submenus) correspond to. I've seen plenty of lists as to what I "should" set these individual settings to, but not a list of definitions.

Anybody seen a list anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest brandogg

I have tip for anyone on an i910 (Verizon) Omnia, and this may only pertain to WM6.5 ROMs, which is the OS I'm using. Like mentioned before, open soundtester.exe and open a profile, then choose "cancel" - this sets everything to default *EXCEPT* for the first choice, DAC, which is sets to the maximum, and causes *MASSIVE* distortion. Simply change that from "12" to "0" or "-4", or whatever sounds good, then adjust the last choice, RVOL, restart Windows Media Player or whatever you're using to play music, etc, and see how it sounds. Every time you choose "cancel" it will set the DAC to 12db and it will sound like your headphones/car stereo/whatever is going to blow, just remember to change the DAC to something much, much lower. I'm pretty sure all I did was set DAC to "0" and RVOL to "-12", and left the others at default, and the sound is absolutely beautiful, and actually a lot better than SRS WOW.

Guest Softtouchph

I cannot set the TX for speakerphone.<br />Its ONLY the TX under Talking-&gt;Speakerphone (default -6) which will NOT stick, it always revert to -6. All other settings stick.

People can barely understand me when using speakerphone (also for videocalls). is there any other way to modify this value so it will stick?

Edited by Softtouchph

I guess my question is the same; I cannot adjust volumes using SoundTester, I'm using a Khuanchai ROM and whatever I do using ST, the settings are always set back to the original settings.

I would like to adjust/increase my ringtone volume. Which settings in the registry do I have to use?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ianholt60

Hi all

Guys i am fed up with my Mp3 player and want to upgrade it with ipod but i want some elegant skin with it so could you please suggest me some websites providing good attractive ipod skins?

This will really be appreciated.

Ipod skins

• 2 months later...
Guest sevndusty

when i push in those numbers on the phone screen nothing happens. then i hit send and it tells me im retarted cause that aint a number... help me...

Guest Armazia

I can't get this thing working, I am using Hammers custom 6.1 rom. But when I type the code, it just shows a something like blank.. Can anyone help me out?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PaulAC
I guess my question is the same; I cannot adjust volumes using SoundTester, I'm using a Khuanchai ROM and whatever I do using ST, the settings are always set back to the original settings.

after puting values you have to go to menu (botom right) and hit apply

• 3 months later...
Guest antonislina

thank you its a great trick i was ready to throw my phone away but you saved the day

Edited by antonislina

• 1 month later...
Guest userid1234
Cool!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I just adjusted my ringtone volume :P

SH

Any chance you could tell me/us what specifically you changed to do this? I tried doing this with a reg edit (c150 @ beginning and end of string) and phone just ignores it and starts with a soft ring anyway and builds from there. (BTW - this is a i900(L), so shouldn't be any i910 work arounds needed).

Thanks!