How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Guest Prohorizon
I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

Its quite simple and does not require a hard rest.

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

You will then have a screen pop up called audio control util.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.

Radio Volume: RVOL

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

Radio Volume: RVOL

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect,

*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.

*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :D

I'm so glad everyone is having so much fun with this wonderful volume adjustments.

I, personally want to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. I type in my phone keypad *#0002*28346# and nothing happens. When I press 'send', I get "cannot complete the call as dialed".

What am I missing? I can't believe I'm having this problem and no one else is. Suicide is looking pretty good to me right now. (only kidding).

Guest fabi_Oo
What am I missing? I can't believe I'm having this problem and no one else is. Suicide is looking pretty good to me right now. (only kidding).

You dont have to press send. The window comes up wehen you type the last "#".

You can even browse to the windows directory and start "soundtester.exe"

Guest RichG.NY
I use

DAC(0C):-4.5 db

SPK(02):-1.5db

MPBST(22):+12db

RBST(14):+0db

RVOL(12):21db

DAC(0C):0db

HP(04):-3db

MPBST(22)+24db

RBST(4)+20db

RVOL(12):0db

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work on Verizon's i910? typing that initial code with the phone dialer just dials the number on my i910. Did I do something wrong?

Guest mementomori
I instaled Khuanchai WM 6,5 rom and i have DAC 12 dB by default but it seems even more quiet than when i had Taril ROM and 0, but i think i also have RVOL different, it's at -17,25dB on both Headsets, so the numbers are quite strange. i'm also curious if any of those two headset changes speaker volume for mp3's and movies and if so, which one?

EDIT: I also tried changing any of the numbers and even if i apply, nothing changes.

Does anyone know how to fix the bluetooth stereo problem?

somehow the moment you turn on bluetooth (stereo headset) the values revert to default... very anoying. Ive seen it posted in this thread several times so i guess its a general problem.

tnx

Guest AlamoKid
OK, this is going to sound completely bogus but on the i910 volume question, I actually think this made a difference. Again, this is for the i910, not the i900.

First open File Explorer, go to My Device, open Windows folder, and then find SoundTester. Open SoundTester. In Soundtest open the Menu and then open Normal. In Normal open either Handset or Headset. If you open Handset, you will see SPK(02) with a value of 0 dB. Now, we all know that if you change this value and then go back to Menu and hit Apply, the value will not hold and will not have any effect on the volume.

Now, here is where it gets weird. When you open Handset, go to Menu and hit Cancel instead of Apply. Now if you look at SPK(02), you will now see the value has changed to -6 dB. Change the -6 dB to 0 db and now go to Menu and hit Apply. Again, this value will not hold, however, if you now do a soft reset, I think you will now notice a difference in your handset volume. If this is my imagination, I apologize for wasting your time but it seems much louder to me.

Now, for the Headset, do the same thing. Go to Menu, Normal, Headset. This time you will see HP(04) = 0 dB. Again, go back to Menu annd hit Cancel. Now HP(04) = -6dB. Again, change to 0 dB, hit Menu, Apply, close and do a soft reset.

Now my headphones are so loud that I don't use them on the loudest setting--too loud. This is for wired headsets, not BT.

Let me know if anybody else has the same experience. I want to know if this actually works for somebody else or if it's a result of having survived the 60's.

Guest AlamoKid

Great Scott it worked!!! Did not need to have to do any registry tweaks. Just followed what you had done and presto it worked.

Thanks from a Verizon i910 Owner. <_<

Guest Prohorizon

I'm so happy for you that you adjusted your sound.

Me? I find no SoundTester anywhere on my Omnia. I've looked through every possible folder, did search, and cannot find anything remotely spelled or looking like 'SoundTester'.

It's completely frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Is it hidden somewhere else?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help. Peace Out.

Guest AlamoKid
I'm so happy for you that you adjusted your sound.

Me? I find no SoundTester anywhere on my Omnia. I've looked through every possible folder, did search, and cannot find anything remotely spelled or looking like 'SoundTester'.

It's completely frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Is it hidden somewhere else?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help. Peace Out.

When you go to File Explorer, make sure you have clicked on My Device, then go to the bottom of the screen and click on Menu, then click on the Tab that says Show all Files. There should now be a checkmark by this tab after you have clicked on it. Then click on the Windows folder and scroll down to the S's and look for a file Solitare which is before the file Sound Tester and the File after Sound Tester is Space and Spanish Guitar. Hope this Helps.

Guest Prohorizon
When you go to File Explorer, make sure you have clicked on My Device, then go to the bottom of the screen and click on Menu, then click on the Tab that says Show all Files. There should now be a checkmark by this tab after you have clicked on it. Then click on the Windows folder and scroll down to the S's and look for a file Solitare which is before the file Sound Tester and the File after Sound Tester is Space and Spanish Guitar. Hope this Helps.

Dear AlamoKid,

Thanks so much I found SoundTester followed your instructions and IT WORKED. I can hear now when I drive am in noisy rooms. I can't thank you enough.

You are a true gentleman for taking the time to share.

God Bless You,

Prohoridzo

Guest Rosewind

Thanks! It worked for me and my i900. I will play with it a little more, but now the headphone sound is loud enough to my taste! Bob sounds rustier and clearer than ever on his latest album "Together through Time." This is a great phone!

Guest morphx

People, I had a problem with to quiet mic, and have found solution. You open AudioControl > Talking > Handset and turn M2BST (mic boost) to +20db. <_<)))

Guest mementomori

Im bringing this topic under attention again since sofar there has been no answer..

ive seen this in several posts:

The soundsettings return to default when using a bluetooth stereo headset and there doesnt seem to ben a sollution.. (sofar)

Anyone? there must be a way to change this

Guest Anil Rekhani
Im bringing this topic under attention again since sofar there has been no answer..

ive seen this in several posts:

The soundsettings return to default when using a bluetooth stereo headset and there doesnt seem to ben a sollution.. (sofar)

Anyone? there must be a way to change this

I have same problem. Using Jabra BT8040 (Stereo)

Guest kronos1

Can someone post Default values for omnia i900 all sound types, regarding the first post...that mean before u change the values..

Guest RichG.NY

Never mind... I had posted a question on another forum & it wound up here where my answer was.

Thanks,

Rich

Edited by RichG.NY

Guest the v

i want to revert the settings to original values for the i910 for menu/normal/handset

Edited by the v

Guest the v

looking around for the original settings for handset for the omnia i910 I got This (better solution to my original problem but still i need the original settings)

Some find annoying the ring tone adjustment that comes standard on the Omnia i910. When a call comes in, the ring tone is muted a bit and then goes to full volume.

The following Registry Change fixes this so that the volume is full volume on the first ring.

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory

Change value to 1

You need to use a registry editor like Resco Explorer or other registry editor (like CeRegEditor), to make this change.

After the change, wait 20 seconds and then do a soft reboot.

Note: This apparently does NOT work on the i900 version of the phone.

Other settings for this value are:

0 is no ringtone volume

1 is flat ringtone volume

2 is increasing ringtone volume

NOW My problem below Please Help!

post-464896-1243988770_thumb.jpg

post-464896-1243988789_thumb.jpg

Edited by the v

Guest macabee

Thank you so much. I have had the Omnia for 2 months, and can't hear the phone at certain times. I don't know why it worked, but it is definitely much louder. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Guest amarsidhu
looking around for the original settings for handset for the omnia i910 I got This (better solution to my original problem but still i need the original settings)

Some find annoying the ring tone adjustment that comes standard on the Omnia i910. When a call comes in, the ring tone is muted a bit and then goes to full volume.

The following Registry Change fixes this so that the volume is full volume on the first ring.

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory

Change value to 1

You need to use a registry editor like Resco Explorer or other registry editor (like CeRegEditor), to make this change.

After the change, wait 20 seconds and then do a soft reboot.

Note: This apparently does NOT work on the i900 version of the phone.

Other settings for this value are:

0 is no ringtone volume

1 is flat ringtone volume

2 is increasing ringtone volume

NOW My problem below Please Help!

DAC is -4.5db

SPK is -3.0 db

these are default setting on my i900

Brilliant! Great tip. Well deserved to be pinned.

I've not had my Omnia for long but was getting a bit upset that my music was way too quite with everything turned up on full through my headphones (compared to my old HTC Touch Dual). All sorted now. :D

Guest dwallersv
When you're running SoundTester, bring up a registry editor and look at HKCU\SAMSUNG\AUDIO. As you change settings in SoundTester, you will see changes in this registry key (sub keys will appear with a number of values). When you have your settings where you like them, write down these settings, close SoundTester, and go back in through your registry editor and make the changes yourself. If I were you, I would NOT run SoundTester again, just in case it clears the settings (haven't tried it, I don't want to have to redo my settings).

Excellent!

Just a small addition to the instructions that make this much easier: When you're happy with the settings, export the HKCU\SAMSUNG\AUDIO branch to a .reg file, quit SoundTester, then (the values in the registry will be reset), and simply import the .reg file you exported.

Much easier than writing values down and manually changing all of them.