Charging issues - can't be the second phone in a week?

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest Fizz_daz

this is my second phone from orange now that I've had issues with power on..

I have flashed this one with HH1 & HH3 radio..

Last night showed 100% charge.. woke up this morning showed 100% until unlocked then dropped to 10% and switched itself off

when put on charge it went to 30% and stayed.. restarted.. upto 50 % stayed.. restarted 70% stayed... unplugged charger up to 90%.. replugged charger in then unplugged.. back down to 70%

also noticed that when I unpluged it from charge yesterday the battery indicator stayed on the charging icon... what's going on???

the other one from orange seemed to have the same issues (that was on XXHG5) where the power levels were just all over the place???

Edited by Fizz_daz

Guest awarner (MVP)

How long are you leaving it on charge? while Li-ion batteries like to be topped up, they do not like short 20-30 minute charges. Alos do not try the fully discharge the battery as this can damage it.

Also what the phone fully charged before you flashed the device? If not fully charge the battery then do a hard reset.

It has been noted on certain devices that the phone appears to take the batteries fully charged status from when the system firsts boots up. After a hardreset/flash this means that if you have a battery at half full then hard reset the phone will think wrongly that it is fully charged.

This may not be the case but it is worth mentioning.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I am wondering if this is a feature of new Omnias until they 'settle down'?

Mine did it for the first day or so, and I attributed it starting to behave to the flash upgrade, but maybe that wasn't the case?

P

Guest Fizz_daz

was on charge for 7 hours yesterday before I did the upgrade, and yes it said 100%

it's only started behaving like this overnight, as I said 100% when I went to bed, pressed button this morning 10% warning and then it switched off

I'll leave it on charge all day at work today (another 7 hours) to see if this settles down, but the other one I had and returned got worse rather than better to the stage of after a 7 hour charge would only stay on standby with nothing running for 2-4 hours...

I'll also try a hard reset (getting sick and tired of this and re-installing software) when it's fully charged again (well at least when it says it is) and see...

Guest Fizz_daz
You could have a faulty battery?

two in two phones... some going.. 100% hit rate..

yes I may have to not install anything on a hard reset.. however.. charged it for 4 hours this morning and it seems to be stuck on 100% now... :D

I'll go with just a base hart reset for a couple of days and see.. it seems to be when it gets around 70% it just plummits...

after teh flashing yesterday I was soooo please with it behaving.. but now.. back to being in the dumps..

Guest chuti98

do you think the problem camr from HH3 radio.. I used to install HH2 from poland and stay with that rom for 3 day seem battery life better from the moment its stay about almost today even i play some with wifi and music

any one recomend to use with HH1 PDA and HH2 radio I will try it tomorrow but XXHH1 PDA still cannot download from mediafile

Guest Omnia_1

Reflashed HH1 with the HH3 Radio and now battery is much much better! So far 10 hours I have made a few calls used GPS and installed a few apps still 80%