beginner and super retarded

Guest DoubleTime

Guest DoubleTime

Ok... so I'm either totally retarded or just so noob that I have no idea what I'm doing. I went to a bunch of websites on how to use mp3s as ringtones and found most of them telling me that I had to edit my registery. So...

I've downloaded MoDaCo Smartphone GPS activator, tried PHM Reg Editor... but nothing gave me the GUI for the reg editor. They both told me that "There are no device-compatible programs available"

If it helps, I have all the file on my PC... am I supposed to put in into the blackjack ii? Sounds logical... but I have no idea where I'm supposed to put which file(s)?

Please help a retarded noob out.

TIA

DoubleTime

Edited by DoubleTime

• 1 month later...
Guest Roujinz

Hey DT,

There are a few posts in this forums that explain how to tweak your registry to allow large MP3s, but for the life of me I can't seem to find them again...ugh!

Either way here is a link to another site that explains what needs to be done:

http://www.myblackjack2.com/hacks-and-mods/registry-hacks/increase-max-ringtone-size-from-300kb/

After you tweak the reg, you can transfer your MP3s to your phone using ActiveSync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista) and store them on the phone under your My Documents folder or on an SD card if you have one inserted. Once you have them transferred, browse to your MP3 files from your phone and use the menu options to select it and set it as a ringtone. (You may have to do this through Media Player Library on the phone itself... I cant recall at this moment which method is correct)

You should now be able to set the MP3 as a ringtone.

If you are using WM6.1 you dont have to app unlock your phone as it already is.

Good luck!

-R