500MB enough?

Guest futura

Guest futura

Hi all,

Orange have offered what I think it quite a good offer to stay with them (25 quid a month - 500 min, 100 text, 500mb data and the Diamond for 4.99). I know this is a very subjective question but is 500MB a very easy to limit to go over? Typically my usage would only be checking mail, browsing the odd website for news and google maps. Or would I be better off with a T-Mobile WnW package?

Cheers,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest paddy_mcnulty

wow, you're lucky.

Been with Orange over 8 years, with avg bills £50+. Spoke to retentions today (have been out of contract for a year) about new phones, etc. Suggested the Touch Pro or X1 (sorryy sir, i don't anything about these - surprise), and then I asked about the data. All I could find on the web was 250Mb so I asked if there were anything he could offer me that was larger. NO, 250Mb is the max Orange will do, full stop, doesn't matter how long you've been with us, etc. But surely, I said, with the promotion of mobile internet 250 Mb isn't that much, and everyone else offers more. Nothing wouldn't budge. Kept saying, but I can offer you your current deal for £20 (obviously he hadn't twigged that it wasn't the price I was looking at negoiating but what that bought)

As I already use over 100Mb just reading a few websites it looks bad. So, maybe t-mobile here I come, just not sure. Can'yt believe they think 250Mb will cut, even watching a few YouTube vids would eat that up in no time.

Guest Confucious

Subjectively?

Most people will find 500Mb enough - like Tony said, unless you're streaming or watching a lot of youtube you will find it difficult to go over 500Mb. I used to regularly using Hubdog but doubt if I do now. I like the fact that I have a 3Gb limit so don't have to consider my usage. I'm paying £21 for Flext35 and W'n'W Plus but didn't get a free phone.

A colleague has a 1Gb limit on Three but couldn't use it the other day as he had reached his limit for the month - I've no idea what he watches on YouTube but it's obviously a lot!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Gave up trying to renew after I had problems logging into the My3 account.

3 customer services do not know the meaning of the word. They think a landline connection is the same as a mobile and no clue to how the system actually works.

After eight hours of trying get data sorted out on my 3 account I had to give up.

Guest futura

Thanks for the replies - I now realise 500mb will be plenty given that I will only be browsing a few sites and not doing any file downloading or streaming with the mobile connection.

I decided against the Diamond and am after an Omnia or Sony X1.