unexplained alert from phone - any ideas what it might have been?

Guest Gavink151

Guest Gavink151

Hi,

OK so last night I was woken at 4am by my phone. It gave an alert of some kind which was neither email, sms or the actual "get out of bed its 8am" alarm either...

I had some voice mails from about a week ago that I had not bothered to listen to yet - does the diamond remind you of these randomly?

Also, I had left the phone on charge for longer than I normally do (I usually disconnect ti as sson as the charge light stops flashing) - does the diamond get angry if you charge it too long?

unexplained noices scare me :D

Guest Neil5459

You don't have any 'All Day' events in your calendar, with a reminder set do you? Although you can set the reminder time on the PC, it tends to go off between midnight and 8am on PPC's for some reason.

There shouldn't be any problem leaving the battery on a long charge from time to time.

OK so last night I was woken at 4am by my phone. It gave an alert of some kind which was neither email, sms or the actual "get out of bed its 8am" alarm either...

Was there no indication of what the alarm was for?

I had some voice mails from about a week ago that I had not bothered to listen to yet - does the diamond remind you of these randomly?

Depends on the provider I assume, but for me these come via SMS, and just the once.

Also, I had left the phone on charge for longer than I normally do (I usually disconnect ti as sson as the charge light stops flashing) - does the diamond get angry if you charge it too long?

Lithium ion chargers turn off once the battery is charged.

Guest Gavink151
You don't have any 'All Day' events in your calendar, with a reminder set do you? Although you can set the reminder time on the PC, it tends to go off between midnight and 8am on PPC's for some reason.

There shouldn't be any problem leaving the battery on a long charge from time to time.

nope, no reminders at all - I have not even hooked it up to the PC :/ very odd. I guess its no big deal - my main concern was that it was something to do with leaving it charging longer than needed but as has been mentioned, that should be safe enough...

I went through the notification noises that are curently setup (e.g. noises for sms, email etc) and I *think* it sounded like the voicemail one... but why at 4am!? As I say I did have some voicemails I had not listened to (for a week or so)... hmm you know I wonder if it was some sort of "we are about to delete your voicemails after 7 days" type reminder? Does that sound feasible???

I went through the notification noises that are curently setup (e.g. noises for sms, email etc) and I *think* it sounded like the voicemail one... but why at 4am!?

Tell you what it might have been....

My phone (TyTN II) sometimes fails to get the QuickGPS update (Start | Programs | QuickGPS to see when it was last updated, that might give you a clue) and throws out a "reminder-like" sound. More often than not, the default action of "Try again in five minutes" will sort it, it just seems to fail (randomly) on the first attempt. Oh, and it puts an icon in the top bar that looks like a satellite dish.....

Hope that helps,

Mark.

Guest Gavink151
Tell you what it might have been....

My phone (TyTN II) sometimes fails to get the QuickGPS update (Start | Programs | QuickGPS to see when it was last updated, that might give you a clue) and throws out a "reminder-like" sound. More often than not, the default action of "Try again in five minutes" will sort it, it just seems to fail (randomly) on the first attempt. Oh, and it puts an icon in the top bar that looks like a satellite dish.....

Hope that helps,

Mark.

hmm yeah I thought this might be a possiblity - I checked the "last update" and it seemed to be a few days prior to the 4am alert. I might go into the basement and try to force it to update and see if it gives an alert... it seems to be every 7 days it auto updates?

Still wondering about the 7 day voice mail reminder possiblity... I think the Orange voicemail service keeps "saved" messages for 7 days, perhaps new ones get removed after 7 days too and the phone was warning me? Not sure how to test that though unless I wait by my phone for 7 days :D

Edited by Gavink151

Guest ateyercheese
hmm yeah I thought this might be a possiblity - I checked the "last update" and it seemed to be a few days prior to the 4am alert. I might go into the basement and try to force it to update and see if it gives an alert... it seems to be every 7 days it auto updates?

Still wondering about the 7 day voice mail reminder possiblity... I think the Orange voicemail service keeps "saved" messages for 7 days, perhaps new ones get removed after 7 days too and the phone was warning me? Not sure how to test that though unless I wait by my phone for 7 days ;)

Do you have ZenYees StayUnlock tool installed? That sometimes fails to give an alert icon on the tool bar.

Guest Fleabag

I've actually had my Compact IV go off around 4AM for no apparant reason, although only once. I also have a habit of leaving Voicemails unread - but I have Voicemail Plus on T-Mobile so they are saved for a month, none older than that were there at the time so I don't think it was an issue with the total unheard being updated.

I couldn't explain it.