I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Guest picky-picasso
if ur willing to pm jake.

The ROM load is loading three seperate bin files. If there's a problem with the phone, it will show with trouble and should fix on a reflash. This phone, with 3G on it, is the Holy Grail. I'll flash for all of our futures!!!

pp

Guest lionheartk

Um guys, how we separate the file Turbowned made into the 3 parts, phone pda and etc? If we do, i believe its just a matter of flashing the phone part only to the i900 using the flasher app and thats it? No need to cook it

Guest jakeordie

We have a volunteer, so I will get more details from picky-picasso about his current Omnia & then I'll proceed with cooking the ROM. When I have anything worth reporting I will post it in this thread.

I haven't extracted the dump.BIN file yet, I was waiting for a volunteer. Earlier in this thread Secany mentioned that the Epix uses Mirage LV and the Omnia uses GrandPrix. Most people will want an EXE updater rather than dealing with the potential danger of flashing the wrong BIN to the wrong part of their phone.

I will also set up a Donate button in my sig. The donations are solely to insure picky-picasso against bricking his Omnia. Please donate as a show of faith for the risk he is taking. If we brick his phone, I will forward the donations to him to cover repair costs. Whether the ROM project succeeds or fails, if his Omnia is fine I will refund the donations to you all. I am a man of my word, you can check my ebay feedback for confirmation. Same username, 224 @ 100%

Guest picky-picasso
We have a volunteer, so I will get more details from picky-picasso about his current Omnia & then I'll proceed with cooking the ROM. When I have anything worth reporting I will post it in this thread.

I haven't extracted the dump.BIN file yet, I was waiting for a volunteer. Earlier in this thread Secany mentioned that the Epix uses Mirage LV and the Omnia uses GrandPrix. Most people will want an EXE updater rather than dealing with the potential danger of flashing the wrong BIN to the wrong part of their phone.

I will also set up a Donate button in my sig. The donations are solely to insure picky-picasso against bricking his Omnia. Please donate as a show of faith for the risk he is taking. If we brick his phone, I will forward the donations to him to cover repair costs. Whether the ROM project succeeds or fails, if his Omnia is fine I will refund the donations to you all. I am a man of my word, you can check my ebay feedback for confirmation. Same username, 224 @ 100%

I PM'd you, but in case i didn't say - start with the latest - DXHK2 or DXHK3 - several fixes over my previous version.

pp

Guest picky-picasso
Just to let you now guys. Here in Brazil, TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) is selling the I900L model. It has 3G 850/1900/2100 and current ROM is LUIHJ6.

Even if you could get someone who works in a store there to just lend you the device... It takes literaly 1 minute to swipe the ROM using the GrabIt. Totally James Bond in Brazil sh%$ too! Put that program on your MicroSD and then upload that badboy!! This should be SO easy!! I wish I was visiting Brazil this winter, I would get that ROM.bin, I swear!

pp

Guest Turb0wned
Even if you could get someone who works in a store there to just lend you the device... It takes literaly 1 minute to swipe the ROM using the GrabIt. Totally James Bond in Brazil sh%$ too! Put that program on your MicroSD and then upload that badboy!! This should be SO easy!! I wish I was visiting Brazil this winter, I would get that ROM.bin, I swear!

pp

Lol very true!

I guess lets see what happens with the epix/i900 cook and if that doesn't work then we know what we need! Picky let us know as soon as you flash! Check the forums frequently!

Guest jakeordie
Hi all of you guys, I have use the grab thing found on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945

and grab the dump file from a brand new i907 here in Puerto Rico it is 131,072 kb how can I upload here ? some one can cook a rom for the i900 ?I love to have one whit att 3G :rolleyes: . Also I think upload it let me know if any one can take it.

This is the dump.BIN file I assumed contained PHONE.BIN from the Epix. I read the XDA link about the grab_it tool, and my understanding is the dump was not successfully completed because dump.BIN is precisely 128MB. I extracted the BIN anyways and found nothing I didn't already have from the previously uploaded Epix RAW files.

No Epix PHONE.BIN means no Omnia cooked ROM. Perhaps a successful grab_it dump.BIN does contain the radio ROM, but it doesn't say so and I doubt it. Honestly I don't like the odds of messing with the Epix radio ROM anyways. I am going to return the donations and remove the donate link. Let's focus on ways we can obtain the i900L ROM, preferably the EXE updater that contains PHONE.BIN in addition to whatever PDA ROM settings & files we may need to get the job done.

Guest jakeordie
So if i used the microsd auto-dump method on a brz cellphone it would fail? meh

Buzz's instructions say to use at least 256MB card, I'm not sure if this was a problem with the Epix dump.BIN just educated guessing. I'm not sure you'll get PHONE.BIN included in dump.BIN, but if it doesn't hurt you to try get it done.

just wanted to post this guys website, he is from greece but maybe we could get him to help. he looks like he has done some extensive work with the i900

http://www.onlline.org/omnia/

sorry, but i haven't done any search on the 3g capabilities of the device.

i do not use 3g, since the coverage in greece is not so good all over the country and the 3g services are not cheap either :rolleyes:

so i have it disabled to save battery.. however i know from a colleague that he managed to make video calls with his uncle, who they both have an omnia..

so it should be ok (they both have the greek rom from local providers) (i bought the uk version, but know I am on the j9 lte02 custom rom of passao..

Edited by septic

The amount of experimentation that people on the XDA forums do is remarkable. I had a Titan with Mixed together ROM parts from at least five different HTC devices.

However, the chefs had to do a lot of testing between radios and ROM's. Every once in a while there is a significant change to the radio formats.

It seems like the newest Mirage Roms are only at HI2.

That is at least three months older than the most recent Omnia Roms (assuming that they use the same naming convention).

The HK omnia roms require the GrandPrix 1.62+ updating software bits so I assume that there was some sort of a change.

Guest Turb0wned
This is the dump.BIN file I assumed contained PHONE.BIN from the Epix. I read the XDA link about the grab_it tool, and my understanding is the dump was not successfully completed because dump.BIN is precisely 128MB. I extracted the BIN anyways and found nothing I didn't already have from the previously uploaded Epix RAW files.

No Epix PHONE.BIN means no Omnia cooked ROM. Perhaps a successful grab_it dump.BIN does contain the radio ROM, but it doesn't say so and I doubt it. Honestly I don't like the odds of messing with the Epix radio ROM anyways. I am going to return the donations and remove the donate link. Let's focus on ways we can obtain the i900L ROM, preferably the EXE updater that contains PHONE.BIN in addition to whatever PDA ROM settings & files we may need to get the job done.

Jake on page 10 i uploaded the rom using the grab it method... Why not try mine? I thought u were using the one i got this whole time...

Edited by Turb0wned