I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Sorry, I know this is not a lot of use but they are GPRS bands. UMTS bands are 2100 for Europe, 850/1900 for AT&T in the US and 1700/2100 for T-Mobile in the US - it's only the US that use 2 bands (I believe for download/upload - but I may very well be mistaken on that). So quad band for UMTS would be 850/1700/1900/2100

well, t-mo's 1700/2100 is not standard bands. reason why? coz t-mo dont wanna customers jump over to ATT, i guess. 850/900/1900/2100 r the standard. correct me, if i'm wrong.

Guest Confucious

UMTS bands are different from GPRS bands - unless you are on AT&T! You might as well say"AT&T dont wanna customers jump over to t-mob" they both have their reasons for using bands that are completely different to the rest of the world.

Guest juvaknin
Interesting! Where are you?

i'm from ISRAEL..

and we have here new cellular network (very new) that working UMTS 850/2100 bands 3G

i'm working on that company.. the cellular sites and all this project made by Ericsson company.

our company called "pelephone"..

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
Ok, you can download the i907 Epix ROM dump here; http://miiwiichat.com/upload/path/EpixRomDump.rar and you get Part02.RAW. I haven't been able to get PHONE.BIN from this with any kitchen currently available. But I did get a dump folder with tons of files, and I uploaded it here; http://www.mediafire.com/?tbdmmbdd2h9 so take a look and see what you can find. I searched using many keywords and didn't find anything 3G-specific, but maybe there's something to be gained from it.

I am going to move the body of my posts over to this thread in the ROM discussion subforum; AT&T 3G compatible ROM as I will no longer wait for someone else more knowledgeable than me to do it for me. If it can be done I will find a way, and I could use some help from the chefs who frequent the ROM threads more than the main forum.

Thnx for dumping the ROM but the mediafire link showed some sort of detected virus (even when the link stated the file was virus free) so there was no ROM download.

Anyway maybe a bin file comparison could show where their differences are?

Guest Turb0wned
Thnx for dumping the ROM but the mediafire link showed some sort of detected virus (even when the link stated the file was virus free) so there was no ROM download.

Anyway maybe a bin file comparison could show where their differences are?

It's not a virus. Same thing used to happen when i would open a program i used to use for my lg viewty. Just stop your anti virus and start download that program and use it while the anti virus is off.

Guest jakeordie

The Mediafire link I made is a RAR file containing a "dump" folder full of .exe and .dll files...perhaps your AV recognizes these as a virus. At the time I wasn't sure whether PHONE.BIN could be extracted from the linked Epix dump. Apparently dumping the radio ROM is possible, but it requires more advanced tools & technical knowledge than used for the PDA ROM. I would like to think juvaknin has the opportunity to do so, but it seems like a complex and time-consuming task for someone new to the process like me.

At least we have potential proof that World 3G can be done on the Omnia.

Guest MichiganTim

Too bad jakeordie couldn't overnight mail this omnia too secany. or maybe now that this omnia is out there, secany can locate the rom that is on this thing.

The Mediafire link I made is a RAR file containing a "dump" folder full of .exe and .dll files...perhaps your AV recognizes these as a virus. At the time I wasn't sure whether PHONE.BIN could be extracted from the linked Epix dump. Apparently dumping the radio ROM is possible, but it requires more advanced tools & technical knowledge than used for the PDA ROM. I would like to think juvaknin has the opportunity to do so, but it seems like a complex and time-consuming task for someone new to the process like me.

At least we have potential proof that World 3G can be done on the Omnia.

Guest jakeordie
tommorow i'll be at work.. and i'll check exatcly what Version they have on that omnia..

i'll post any information i can tommorow..

In addition to the ROM version, use the code *#2263# and see what options are available. Thanks juvaknin!

Guest juvaknin

guys, what you think about this code?

i'm sure most of you see that already.. but anyone try to set it up to diffrent cuntry that use other UMTS bands?

if we will select other countrys the band will change also? what you think??

the pass-code i have it's only for "Preconfiguration" option on the menu.. anyone know what is the code for "Internal" section on this menu???

try it..

the main code is (type it from the dailer) *#1546792*#

and the password for section "2 - Preconfiguration" is *#81230*#

it's looks like if we will have the code for the "Internal" section, mabe we will find something..

Guest juvaknin

OK guys,

i had this omnia in my hands..

the Version says

PDA: i900LJJHK1/JJHK1

PHONE: i900LJJHK1

as i think.. it's diffrent model.. I900L this "L" model.. not like ours phones... (i think, it's looks exactly the same!)

i don't think the ROM will chane the bands anyway..

anyway as you asked me to do.. when i'm doing the *#2263# code

i'm getting diffrent menu then our Omnias..

i'm getting 3 options that one of them it's "WCDMA Band Select" and in there you have ALL the UMTS bands and there is "Automatic" option.. what says this phone open to all kind of UMTS networks............ (including GSM also..)

and one more thing... this I900L omnia is weight less the our omnias.. (don't know why.. just lighter...)

Edited by juvaknin

Guest jakeordie
OK guys,

i had this omnia in my hands..

the Version says

PDA: i900LJJHK1/JJHK1

PHONE: i900JJHK1

as i think.. it's diffrent model.. I900L this "L" model.. not like ours phones... (i think, it's looks exactly the same!)

i don't think the ROM will chane the bands anyway..

anyway as you asked me to do.. when i'm doing the *#2263# code

i'm getting diffrent menu then our Omnias..

i'm getting 3 options that one of them it's "WCDMA Band Select" and in there you have ALL the UMTS bands and there is "Automatic" option.. what says this phone open to all kind of UMTS networks............ (including GSM also..)

and one more thing... this I900L omnia is weight less the our omnias.. (don't know why.. just lighter...)

Ok, it seems the *#2263# menu you found is the same as the Epix, so this i900L Omnia is multi-band 3G. This explains why the i900L can be 2100 for Latin America and 850/1900 for the US. The radio ROM is not specified i900L as the PDA ROM is. To me this means the multi-band 3G capability is either PDA ROM specific or hardware specific...or both.

To my knowledge the only possible hardware difference would be antennae, and whether or not this is needed is the million dollar question. Perhaps the PDA ROM can lock UMTS bands on the L without necessarily unlocking bands on the current i900. But what's the harm in flashing our i900 with the i900L PDA ROM? If it don't work we can just flash back, right?

Was the input & display in English juvaknin? And are you sure the radio ROM isn't i900"L"JJhk1? Thanks for your efforts here!

Edited by jakeordie

Guest juvaknin
Ok, it seems the *#2263# menu you found is the same as the Epix, so this i900L Omnia is multi-band 3G. This explains why the i900L can be 2100 for Latin America and 850/1900 for the US. The radio ROM is not specified i900L as the PDA ROM is. To me this means the multi-band 3G capability is either PDA ROM specific or hardware specific...or both.

To my knowledge the only possible hardware difference would be antennae, and whether or not this is needed is the million dollar question. Perhaps the PDA ROM can lock UMTS bands on the L without necessarily unlocking bands on the current i900. But what's the harm in flashing our i900 with the i900L PDA ROM? If it don't work we can just flash back, right?

Was the input & display in English juvaknin? And are you sure the radio ROM isn't i900"L"JJhk1? Thanks for your efforts here!

i forgot the "L" sorry B) yep the radio ROM with "L".. i fixed it in my post..

the display was in english yep.. anyway i don't know if it's just a ROM issue to upgrade our bands...

the sad thing is that i can't get the phone to download the ROM from it.. it's stays on our testing station and it's hard to "take it out" to my PC and try downloading the Firmware... B)

anyway i hope i'll be able to do it soon......

what you say about what i wrote before?

it's looks like if we will have the code for the "Internal" section, mabe we will find something..

on preconfiguration you can select diffrents countrys.. mabe this will also change the Bands??

tommorow i'll check the I900L and see on what "country" it's using now...... mabe only this is the thing?

or mabe we need the code for this "Internal" section....... <_<

Edited by juvaknin

Guest juvaknin

well.. i founded the code to the Internal section..... there are nothing usefull over there..... B)

i can't think about something else that can change the UMTS bands......

*#1546792*# code to the menu and the Internal Password is *#0807# and there is nothing good there..

guyssssss think think think! what can change this? let's try harderrrrrr B)

as you know, i'm working at technical support on Cellular company.. i'm trying to get "help" from Samsung guys, i'm not sure they know the codes or how it's possible to change bands... but i'm trying hard... there must be a "samsung guy" that know how to... B) must findddddd him!

Edited by juvaknin

Guest jakeordie
i forgot the "L" sorry B) yep the radio ROM with "L".. i fixed it in my post..

the display was in english yep.. anyway i don't know if it's just a ROM issue to upgrade our bands...

the sad thing is that i can't get the phone to download the ROM from it.. it's stays on our testing station and it's hard to "take it out" to my PC and try downloading the Firmware... B)

anyway i hope i'll be able to do it soon......

Ok, this suggests that the i900L hardware is different from the i900. Perhaps just the antenna, but still different. I'm sure there will be an i900L ROM available online soon enough, for those brave enough to attempt flashing. Thanks for your efforts juvaknin!

Guest juvaknin
Ok, this suggests that the i900L hardware is different from the i900. Perhaps just the antenna, but still different. I'm sure there will be an i900L ROM available online soon enough, for those brave enough to attempt flashing. Thanks for your efforts juvaknin!

as i looked on the 900L it's dosn't look any hardware diffrents between them..

usually if there are diffrents between models, you can see it in the back panel if it's diffrent.. as i think all the electronics on same places.. B)

if i'll be able to get 900L rom i'll try it on my phone, hope anyone will find on the web.. or if i'll be able to get the rom from our 900L i'll try it on my omnia I900..

Guest juvaknin

sorry i'm asking again,

but anyone try this "Country changing"?

and then we can select "Preconfiguration" of each country.. anyone try to select a country that support 850 or 900 UMTS/WCDMA? (i can't belive this is the solution, but mabe? mabe?)

most of us used Singpore for start upgrades some roms (as it was needed..) but i don't think anyone try diffrent country at all...

give us feedback B)

Guest juvaknin
I wanna try this but im scared to lol... I found this website that shows what countries use 3g with the 850 or 1900 bands....

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

Thanks B)

i'm not affraid to try this......... but i tired to install all my softwares again and again and again.. B)

but anywayyyyy i think i'll try to change country on my omnia.. i'll let you know...

Guest Turb0wned
Thanks B)

i'm not affraid to try this......... but i tired to install all my softwares again and again and again.. B)

but anywayyyyy i think i'll try to change country on my omnia.. i'll let you know...

Dont bother already did lol. I edited my post already.

I found this site also with all the codes.. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2533...&topic=5574

http://www.netcomm.com.au/solutions/3g/why...spa/carriers#C4

Please note Indonesia uses 850 band for their 3G network. anybody from Indonesia? I used preconfig to change my omnia(DXHJ1 from singapore) to Indonesia but couldn't get 3G working here in Canada. Is it really differrent hardware? Even after I chose indonesian carrier, I couldn't get 3g working.

Edited by s600v