I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Guest lionheartk

Turbo, send a PM to the Uber room cooker and explain how you dumped it, and ask him to try and cook a i900 rom with this rom's radio

I hope it works and we all sing and dance to the moonlight B)

Guest shollywood

If Lion is willing to pay $400 for the phone wouldn't it be easier just to all chip in for the difference and simply dump that ROM? No new ROM creation or tinkering needed. Maybe Secany already has access to that specific ROM??? He seems to get every other one???

Guest lionheartk
If Lion is willing to pay $400 for the phone wouldn't it be easier just to all chip in for the difference and simply dump that ROM? No new ROM creation or tinkering needed. Maybe Secany already has access to that specific ROM??? He seems to get every other one???

I can pay $400 for it cause thats how much I can sell it for after we are done dissecating it LOL. I would take $400 from my savings, buy it with the rest and then restore the cash after I sell it. But I do agree, $800 bucks for a cellphone is badword high, BUT thats how much I paid for my Omnia WITHOUT the 850mhz 3G B)

*HAHA Badword!

Edited by lionheartk

Guest ropucha
Looks like there is a triband omnia according to Brazil samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/br/consumer/detail/...=SGH-I900XKLZVV

They also call it the i900 rather than i900L and looking at text of the link I just posted the model is SGH-I900XKLZVV. Don't know if that has any significance.

It is triband UMTS but has no 850 MHz,only 900MHz band in 3G.

Guest lionheartk

There are none here. Also, this phone isnt available unlocked here, only with operator contract like the iPhone, but you can get a prepaid card and ask for them to unlock it.

Guest Turb0wned

Hummm... well i guess for right now the best thing we can do is hope someone will help cook the epix rom i uploaded... I also posted it in the rom discussion... I wonder where lancz went maybe he can help.

Guest jakeordie

Earlier in this post I was able to access the FCC documents for the Epix, and found a photograph showing what looked like the same radio chip as found in the Omnia. However I cannot confirm this, and the idea of cooking the Epix radio ROM into an existing Omnia EXE updater is experimental. I will gladly cook the ROM, but I will not test it personally nor recommend it as a viable option. I am not confident it will work, and I will not brick my Omnia in the attempt.

If anyone is willing, please PM me and I will proceed with cooking the Epix radio ROM into an Omnia EXE updater. XP only, I don't have Vista.

Guest Turb0wned

A little off topic here but i just tried the latest rom posted by secany dxhk3 and when the phone started up it says "A new sim card has been detected. Would you like to automatically configue network settings for "AT&T USA" SIM?"

This is the first time that it has ever asked me that when i got the phone i had to maually put it in as it didn't reconize the omnia and even the PASSOA's MDC3 AND 4 it didn't do that...

jakeordie go ahead and cook the rom with the epix radio.. Im sure once its done someone wont mind trying it or maybe if i have enough beers in me ill go crazy and try it lol. Upload it when your done.

Guest lionheartk

jakeordie, i think the worst that could happen is the radio not working? If it doesnt, flash back to another rom and start from scratch again. Make the rom please then?

Go Turb0wned!

The biggest problem is that we do not have anyone in the US who is an expert at building Roms from parts.

Based on FCC fileings and other information:

- We know that the I900L has the same Radio Hardware as the I900

- We know that the I900L has the same CPU as the I900

- We know that the I907 has a different CPU with the same instruction set and speed (PXA311 vs PXA312).

- We do not know if they have the same Radio, but the chances of them not are slim, given that Samsungs latest round of phones all use the latest Qualcomm radio part that is compatible with the PXA (I do not which (if any) of the all in one solutions that Qualcomm makes has this radio part). Most HTC devices over the last 2 years have versions of their all in one chipsets.

- We know that the Antennae of the I900L are the same as the I900 and that their center frequencies are 850 and 1900. (this was a surprise, as I expected to see 2100 in there, but I am guessing that they were designed by Qualcomm for the common North American bands).

Probably the most significant issue is the compatibility between radios and Phone roms. We know that some are not compatible. The I907 ships with HI1. The Omnia is on to HK3.

Guest Turb0wned

Well we are 100% sure it is a Qualcomm radio in the Epix. Which model dont know but probably the same as the Omnia. There is a sticker on the Epix that says QUALCOMM 3g Hsdpa.

I think it will work, again it takes someone that knows what they are doing though...

Edited by Turb0wned

Guest shollywood

Still seems easier and FASTER to get the one in Brazil and dump it. We know that it's ROM is already set for 850 and 1900. We may be waiting forever to TRY to get a ROM cooked from the Epix. It doesn't seem like we have anyone that knows what they are doing stepping up and taking any type of ownership on it.

Guest Turb0wned
Still seems easier and FASTER to get the one in Brazil and dump it. We know that it's ROM is already set for 850 and 1900. We may be waiting forever to TRY to get a ROM cooked from the Epix. It doesn't seem like we have anyone that knows what they are doing stepping up and taking any type of ownership on it.

Yes but the phone is $800 dollars.. During chrismas time isnt the best time to go and dump that much on a phone... Yes i know that lion said he will put $400 but still the holidays are stopping me from spending that much.... The Epix rom is the only thing i could get for right now. If someone could get the Omnia from brazil go for it. Maybe someone can convince lion to buy one, dump the rom then put his paypal account up so we can donate to him........

Its up to you lion i will for sure donate some now and some after the holidays and even if the rom doesn't work for us at least you will have an omnia with all 3G bands.... Your call.

Edited by Turb0wned