Sync Problem since 6.1 upgrade

Guest sparky472

Guest sparky472

I updated to 6.1 earlier this evening. When I reconnected my device to the computer to configure my exchange sync, i could not get or stay connected to ActiveSync. I had no problem before, as that's how I updated to 6.1. I realized that after connecting the sync cable, the device makes the "I'm plugged into something" sound and the battery indicator switches to a plug. Shortly thereafter, maybe 10 or 15 seconds, it makes a disconnected sound and the plug changes back to a battery indicator. This happens everytime I connect the sync cable. It just doesnt want to stay connected.

Edited by sparky472

Guest jfreiman
I updated to 6.1 earlier this evening. When I reconnected my device to the computer to configure my exchange sync, i could not get or stay connected to ActiveSync. I had no problem before, as that's how I updated to 6.1. I realized that after connecting the sync cable, the device makes the "I'm plugged into something" sound and the battery indicator switches to a plug. Shortly thereafter, maybe 10 or 15 seconds, it makes a disconnected sound and the plug changes back to a battery indicator. This happens everytime I connect the sync cable. It just doesnt want to stay connected.

I am having the same issue too in Windows Vista x64. The device is not beening seen by Sync Center.

Guest dtphantom
I am having the same issue too in Windows Vista x64. The device is not beening seen by Sync Center.

I have x64 vista and have no problems. Have you tried deleting the drivers off your computer and reinstalling?

Guest homeboytim

Ok well I am having a sync problem as well.  I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1, and now my Calendar will not sync from Outlook 2003.  I have XP SP2, ActiveSync 4.5.  It's odd, I've tried unchecking "Calendar" from my ActiveSync settings in the phone, or doing it in the PC's settings, then reenabling it.  It will not sync any of my many calendar entries that I have in Outlook.  

I made a couple new appointments in my phone, and when I sync it says "Attention Requried", and tells me that it was unable to sync the two appointments that were on the phone, citing error code "1".  

Edited by homeboytim

Guest jfreiman
I have x64 vista and have no problems. Have you tried deleting the drivers off your computer and reinstalling?

Actually, I reverted to a state before installing the drivers for the Samsung Modem.

I had to re-establish my Blackjack with MDC again, but it seems to be working now.

-John

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I reverted to a state before installing the drivers for the Samsung Modem.

I had to re-establish my Blackjack with MDC again, but it seems to be working now.

-John

I'm struggling with my BJII ActiveSync too.

This has never happened before.

I'm able to create a partnership with the computer through AS & it starts to sync.

However, the sync process never finishes....it continues to run with the words "Synchronizing" & the items to be synced never gets synced over.

I'll have to eventually unplug the phone from the USB cable & the items to be synchronized do not show up on my BJII at all.

It looks like AS on the BJII is not playing nice with AS on my desktop.

I've other WM6/WM6.1 phones syncing with my computer without any problems.

Anyone got a suggestion how to overcome this issue?

BTW, I can use the cable to transfer files to the BJII in Mass Storage mode without any issue so I don't think it's a cable or connector fault.

Konker