Texting issue after 6.1

Guest billybobbovine

Guest billybobbovine

So before i installed 6.1, when i wanted to input the person i wanted to send a text to, i would just start typing their name in the recipient form. It wouild then automatically pick the correct contact. Now when i try to type a name in there, all i can type are numbers and symbols, no letters. Anyone got any ideas?

Guest clockwork58
So before i installed 6.1, when i wanted to input the person i wanted to send a text to, i would just start typing their name in the recipient form. It wouild then automatically pick the correct contact. Now when i try to type a name in there, all i can type are numbers and symbols, no letters. Anyone got any ideas?

Ya. The default entry style is set to numbers. Press the Fn key to change it back to letters.

anyone know to have the default set to letters for input?

Guest billybobbovine
Ya. The default entry style is set to numbers. Press the Fn key to change it back to letters.

anyone know to have the default set to letters for input?

Yea i figured out to hold the Fn key, but it resets every time you make a new text....

Guest clockwork58

That does work, however the problem we want solved is that every time u click on New Text msg it defaults to numeric entry, but we want the default to be letter entry so we don't have to press fn.

Maybe change that Vanity Dialing setting? (Settings > Key Settings)

It doesn't help. Vanity dialing lets you dial numbers like 1-800-FLOWERS.. although I'm not sure exactly how helpful it is.. I tested making a new text message with vanity dialing turned on and it still defaulted to the alternate keys..