Voice Command - WM 6.1

Guest bgates22

Guest bgates22

I think it's great that Voice Command was included on the 6.1 ROM. However, I can't figure out how to use it. Am I missing something? I just don't see how to activate it to make a call. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest bgates22
I think it's great that Voice Command was included on the 6.1 ROM. However, I can't figure out how to use it. Am I missing something? I just don't see how to activate it to make a call. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I randomly figured out the answer to my question. If you hold down the AT&T internet button (to the left of the zero key), it activates voice command.

Guest thesamim
I randomly figured out the answer to my question. If you hold down the AT&T internet button (to the left of the zero key), it activates voice command.

Thanks! Much simpler than my solution... I assigned a speed dial key to it the hard way.

So, in case anyone else cares:

1. usb your phone to your PC
  2. using file explorer go to the \windows directory
  3. in the \windows directory there is a "voicecommand" shortcut, copy it
  4. go to \Windows\Start Menu\Applications paste the shortcut
  5. the voicecommand shortcut will now appear as an application
  6. assign a speed dial key to it i the usual way.
Prolly easier ways to do this, but that's the one I figured out. Figured I'd share....

BTW: For whoever was looking for commands:

Microsoft's Voice Command Tutorial

Cheers.

I was wondering if you could change the sound of the voice in voice command.

I found these settings in the registry.

anyone want to play around with some of these settings to try it?

under hkey_current_user>software>microsoft>speech>voices

So to use this you have to hold down the button? There's no way to do it from a headset?

Check your BT headset instructions. Mine (BlueAnt Z9) you double press the button to do voice command.

Dumb Toyota BT doesn't support it. Did I mention the OE Toyota BT/Nav is dumb?

Strange, it actually didn't activate it for me. Are you talking about the one with the AT&T "globe" icon? It does nothing when I hold it down (running 6.1). I did find out that holding down the Cingular Video (CV) button brings up the Power Management screen.

Guest dtphantom
Strange, it actually didn't activate it for me. Are you talking about the one with the AT&T "globe" icon? It does nothing when I hold it down (running 6.1). I did find out that holding down the Cingular Video (CV) button brings up the Power Management screen.

yeah that one. but you have to enable voice command before it works.