Poor GPS quality on WM 6.1

Guest phil823

Guest phil823

allright well ive had my I617 for 2 days, yesterday i figured it out and got garmin running on it just fine...it had full signal and was great. today i installed WM 6.1 and im getting only 2 bars of strength......and when it goes to get traffic information and such i says "waiting for better GPS accuracy"

does anyone know how to improve it? or why 6.1 is much worst? or does it just have to do with the time im using it....mabey the satelites are not around....also....its raining hard....mabey thats why...last night it was clear.

Edited by phil823

Guest bgates22
allright well ive had my I617 for 2 days, yesterday i figured it out and got garmin running on it just fine...it had full signal and was great. today i installed WM 6.1 and im getting only 2 bars of strength......and when it goes to get traffic information and such i says "waiting for better GPS accuracy"

does anyone know how to improve it? or why 6.1 is much worst? or does it just have to do with the time im using it....mabey the satelites are not around....also....its raining hard....mabey thats why...last night it was clear.

I don't know the answer to your question, but GPS is actually working much better for me now that I have 6.1. I've seen similar comments (positive comments) from others.

Guest vodkafizzz

I was having the same problem, until I did a soft reset and now the GPS is amazingly quick.

Guest phil823

soft reset is the same, as pressing the power button, or taking out the battery.

so what he said was to turn off the phone and turn it back on.

i get the bars at the top, but i have issues with garmin XT......it doesnt find a satalite, although google maps finds one....

so idk...ive gotten garmin to find and work like 2 times out of the many ive tried.