enable GPS on blackjack2 not working

Guest xokia

Is there anything additional I need to do to get garmin XT to work with my blackjack2?

I have installed the gps hack. But it continues to just search for a bluetooth device and does not find one.

phone.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by xokia

Guest iain1237
Is there anything additional I need to do to get garmin XT to work with my blackjack2?

I have installed the gps hack. But it continues to just search for a bluetooth device and does not find one.

Thanks!

Tell it to skip that, then go to that scrolly thing up in the top right hand corner, then push the right softkey and select 'disable'. Then it should take you to a list of choices for what kind of GPS thing, choose "GPS Intermediate driver" or something similar to that. Then you should have 5 bars where the scrolly thing was. From here, just sit it on a windowsill for 15 mins and let it acquire satellites.

I hope that helps, and that I don't sound too crazy.

Guest WilliamPC
Tell it to skip that, then go to that scrolly thing up in the top right hand corner, then push the right softkey and select 'disable'. Then it should take you to a list of choices for what kind of GPS thing, choose "GPS Intermediate driver" or something similar to that. Then you should have 5 bars where the scrolly thing was. From here, just sit it on a windowsill for 15 mins and let it acquire satellites.

I am confused like xokia. I tried to do what you said and got lost after "skipping" the GPS search. After I tell it to skip scanning, a dialogue box pops up telling me "some aspects will not work properly without getting a GPS fix. Are you sure you want to skip this?" (typical windows)

I select yes and I get a page with two boxes (radio buttons) that say: "where to?" and "View Map". Up in the left corner is a "book and magnifying glass" lookin icon that will resume the GPS search. I do not see and scrolly thing or anything like what you describe. Different versions? I can't tell what version I have.

By the way, after skipping the GPS search, if you don't do anyting RIGHT away, a dialogue box pops up again letting me know that a GPS device could not be found, please be sure its powered on.

Do I have the wrong Garmin XT? I have the GPS crack and GPS Test confirms its working.

There is nothing in the upper right corner. I have 2 buttons

where to?

View map

exit

menu

If I shut bluetooth off then select where the bluetooth icon was it says

"connection allowed to garmin GPS device only"

Besides garmin xt not working with blackjack2 I think ATT has figured a way to shut off the GPS reciever.

This is a brand new blackjack2 just picked it up a week ago.

I am running WM6.1 the latest download from samsungs site. I tried and tried for hours to use gpstest just to see if it would aquire a sat.

It would never connect. So I called ATT and signed up for the 30 day telnav trial.

Now gpstest connects instantly and aquires 8 sats almost instantly. I have done nothing differently.

Anyone know if there is some disabling by ATT going on?

I still cant get garmin XT to work with the BJ2 it only want to connect using a bluetooth GPS device. No options anywhere to change this.

Edited by xokia

Guest WilliamPC

My BJII is at least 7 months old.

Like I mentioned, GPS Test shows GPS is active.

However, I cannot get one single GPS app to work.

None of the see the GPS. Garmin XT seems to be looking for an external GPS device and there is no way to change that on my version.

Garmin XT = Fail

Virtual Earth Mobile = Fail

Intelligolf Eagle GPS = Fail

Don't get it. I really wanted it to work. As it stands I may have to buy 2 more gadgets. I want GPS in my car and GPS on the golf course.

GPS manufacturers have seen fit to NOT combine the two. You would think a good car GPS could handle golf too. Heck, the Garmin and Magellan

handheld models are very similar to golf GPS units out there but the firmware is not compatible.

I too am having bad results with the GPS after updating to WM 6.1

On 6.0 I had installed the MoDaCo GPS Hack and the only way I could get Google Maps to use the GPS was to launch GPSTest, wait for AT LEAST 5 minutes (often 10 or even more) for a lock, and then go to Google Maps.

I've read that many people have seen drastic performance increases in the GPS and have just been using Google Maps, but that hasn't been the case for me.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Any further tips? Also, what do you people say about the OP's experience not being able to use the GPS, installing TeleNav, and then being able to use it instantly? That seems weird...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FAF_DRAKO

phone.jpg

Once you reach the section in the picture above... do as follows.

1. Click on the MENU softkey.

2. Select Settings.

3. Now select System.

4. Select Remote GPS

5. Now you'll be in a new window called System.

6. Click on the MENU softkey again.

7. Select Disable and you'll go to another window with the following options:

___1. Use Bluetooth GPS

___2. Use GPS Intermediate Drivers

___3. Use Serial GPS

8. Pick the Intermediate Divers and click on Done.

Now just go outside a wait a bit. It will pick up a Sat soon. If you did this correctly... on the Top left of the Picture above you should now have a Signal Bar Graph instead of that messed up Bluetooth one on the current picture.

With the Latest Updates to Garmin and Google Maps you won't need the GPS Hack for COM4.

Edited by FAF_DRAKO

Guest dsilver.us

I'm not running 6.1, but on 6.0 you don't need the gps hack for Garmin Mobile XT. In fact, it can cause problems. All you need is the intermediate driver, which GM XT can use with no problems. Now, like I said, I don't have 6.1, but what I would do in this case is do a hard reset and use GM XT with the intermediate driver. Let us know how you make out.

Seems strange that no one here has no answers I thought more people here would have some answers.

Thanks anway ;)

• 1 month later...
phone.jpg

Once you reach the section in the picture above... do as follows.

1. Click on the MENU softkey.

2. Select Settings.

3. Now select System.

4. Select Remote GPS

5. Now you'll be in a new window called System.

6. Click on the MENU softkey again.

7. Select Disable and you'll go to another window with the following options:

___1. Use Bluetooth GPS

___2. Use GPS Intermediate Drivers

___3. Use Serial GPS

8. Pick the Intermediate Divers and click on Done.

Now just go outside a wait a bit. It will pick up a Sat soon. If you did this correctly... on the Top left of the Picture above you should now have a Signal Bar Graph instead of that messed up Bluetooth one on the current picture.

With the Latest Updates to Garmin and Google Maps you won't need the GPS Hack for COM4.

I presume you have wm6.0 on your phone. With wm6.1 I have the sam issues as xoxia. Approx. three/four weeks ago I contacted Garmin Tech Support and I was promised a phone call from tier 2 tech. The phone never came. I called again approx 10 days ago. The rep I talked to informed me that Garmin is aware of the issue and removed BJ2 from their list of compatible devices. I checked; BJ2 is still referenced at the website at one place but is not on the list there. I hope they will have some update soon.

There is one more issue related to Garmin XT when used on BJ2 wm6.1 version when driving BMW; the wm6.1 version kills voice prompts when the phone is connected to BMW over Bluetooth. I have contacted both Samsung and Garmin but so far no reply. Garmin XT (two 4 and the latest ver. 5) worked on my wm6.0 BJ2 version without any issues including in car operation. I am glad to report voice quality when making calls over BMW BT has been improved greatly on BJ2 wm6.1.

Guest Hunter McCormick
I presume you have wm6.0 on your phone. With wm6.1 I have the sam issues as xoxia. Approx. three/four weeks ago I contacted Garmin Tech Support and I was promised a phone call from tier 2 tech. The phone never came. I called again approx 10 days ago. The rep I talked to informed me that Garmin is aware of the issue and removed BJ2 from their list of compatible devices. I checked; BJ2 is still referenced at the website at one place but is not on the list there. I hope they will have some update soon.

There is one more issue related to Garmin XT when used on BJ2 wm6.1 version when driving BMW; the wm6.1 version kills voice prompts when the phone is connected to BMW over Bluetooth. I have contacted both Samsung and Garmin but so far no reply. Garmin XT (two 4 and the latest ver. 5) worked on my wm6.0 BJ2 version without any issues including in car operation. I am glad to report voice quality when making calls over BMW BT has been improved greatly on BJ2 wm6.1.

I noticed after re-loading 6.1 Mobile, that Google Maps works with Windows managing it. The com 4 or any other com 4 didn't work for me. My problem is that it won't sync to windows now. It see's it in active sync mode, and modem mode, but the relationship can't be added because the sync software on Vista doesn't think the phone is connected. I am going to try to change the gps setting. Who knows.....

Guest jataylor

I decided to go with Garmin for ease, but have run into a problem... following directions above, I don't have an 'Intermediate Drive' option - the only choises are external or internal (with com ports) anyone ever seen this?

Thanks

maybe this may work, the latest garmin mobile xt version 5.00.50 came out recently like last month

Changes made from version 5.00.30 to 5.00.50:

Update GPS connection processing for some third party GPS drivers.

Update COM port searches and display listings.

Correct the display of the last selection in Fuel Prices if viewed after a Sort is completed.

Correct the product key entry processing when not connected to the Internet.

Correct default button highlighting when viewing nearby airports and Contacts.

Correct default button highlighting when paging up/down on some list fields.

Correct default button highlighting within address wizard.

Correct distance display for airports that are thousands of miles away.

Correct reorder via page to display numbers correctly.

Correct application error when displaying detour by turns page before having a GPS position.

Correct default button highlighting when returning to the Main Menu page.

Correct application error when selecting point information in the Browse Map page.

Download here http://www8.garmin.com/software/GarminMobilePC_50050.exe

Edited by pachas

• 2 weeks later...