General questions

Guest Nuclear_darkness

Guest Nuclear_darkness

First of all is there a way to enable the text message alert tone to be set on repeat? Like older samsung models, this is a great function that i miss as i forgot to recheck my phone over and over.

Secondly if i upgrade the ROM, im not even sure what that will a achieve other than i assume a full system upgrade (im extremely fluent with computers but applying that knowledge to a phones system is confusing for some reason :D)

Will upgrading the ROM do away with all the stupid vodafone firmware?

And another question is using the links in the ROM section going to work with full english support? As the links they have shown only allow the philipines or malaysia as selectable countries.

Again very sorry for the silly questions :angry: :D

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :D

Silly questions are only the one you don't ask :D

For repeating notification for text messages there is not a simple repeat setting but you could choose a longer message tone. The only disadvantage of this is that it will play the full tone every time and you could then not stop it early.

Correct on updating (flashing) the ROM it normally is a complete reinstall and would remover the Vodafone firmware.

The only thing to remember is that upgrading the ROM with a non Vodafone one could invalidate your warranty so it's always worth remembering that.

As for full English support on the ROMs you mention, unfortunately I can not help you there as I do not own an Omnia myself and so have not tried them.