Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest peopleschamp
i900 Arabic already sent to list.

Tomorrow I will send new French ver.

Regards,

Ken.

Hello Ken,

when will be avaliable the new italian ROM? Maybe XIIB1?

Guest gaurva3445

Regards,

Ken.

hi Ken

where do i go if i need to download this Arabic ROM

regards

G

Guest Real Red

Regards,

Ken.

Dear Secany ,I want to know whether it supports arabic alphabet? or like the official arabic K1 rom is only an english rom.

regards

Edited by Real Red

Regards,

Ken.

Hi Ken, Please advise where I can find the Arabic version, it's not in the list... my best regards.

Guest modacian

@ALL

whoever is new and is not familiar with Secany's roms, you will have to donate "click on paypal button in his signature" to be on the distribution list to be the first to get the roms. donate, send him a PM with your confirmation number and email address, and you will then start receiving the roms like all others who donated.

Otherwise if you want the latest roms, go to your local Samsung Mobile service center and they should flash it for you for a charge or free of charge...

cheers

Guest Real Red
@ALL

whoever is new and is not familiar with Secany's roms, you will have to donate "click on paypal button in his signature" to be on the distribution list to be the first to get the roms. donate, send him a PM with your confirmation number and email address, and you will then start receiving the roms like all others who donated.

Otherwise if you want the latest roms, go to your local Samsung Mobile service center and they should flash it for you for a charge or free of charge...

cheers

Hi is there any need to Donate also for taking reply from secany? :)

I know secany is so busy and maybe he has not enough time to read all posts so if any one who knows if the arabic A3 has the arabic alphabet or not plz let me know. thx

Guest sky-net

I flashed my Omnia last night with the DXIA2 FW via GrandPrix and all worked fine.

Everything seems to work fine and I haven't found any new improvements yet, except for the "Favorite Settings" button in the Samsung main menu and the Samsung volume control which is really nice :)

The performance seems to be the same as before (I used DXHJ1).

I was wondering that it doesn't include the silver inbox. As far as I know the silver inbox was part of previous firmwares wasn't it?

Still it's not possible to deactivate cleartype permanent :D

Guest demon-knight

Secany I have to ask as im sure it will be sooner or later, do you know how long development of roms are going to continue on this phone, im assuming it will be a good while yet, but just recently there has been a lot of talk of network providers not taking any more stock of the Omnia. This usually means they are making way for new or updated models.

And finally do you know of any significant updates that are on the horizon for the roms?

Edited by demon-knight

Guest giginicchio

Hi Secany, I'm italian and I need to know where I can find italian DXIA2 rom.

Now I've flashed your english version and I think it's a very good rom, I like it very much and it's working well for me.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your great job!!!

Guest Владик

Please would someone tell me how to use paypal to donate to secany?

I need the latest Russian firmware for WiTu

thanks

Allright,

I've found this here before (in the same thread) and it worked for me:

Before you start check that you have all the 4 files needed, they will have names like Bootimage...nb0 , ....phone.bin , CSC....csc , PDA...bin.

With the dots ... representing a version number.

00. Shut off the phone

01. Rename the files to eboot.nb0 , phone.bin , customer.csc and pda.bin

02. Turn off phone

03. run GrandPrix

04. Select a profile: "GRANDPRIX LV image"

05. Load "loader" with eboot.nb0, "pda" with pda.bin, "CSC" with customer.csc, "Phone" with phone.bin

06. I would chechmark "Format Devices Internal Large Disk" as it appears to work best.

07. Connect phone, turn on

08. Click on Detect button and wait... Until you are able to use "Start Downloading".

09. Push "Start Downloading" and the update will start.

10. In the right part of the screen you can follow the update process. I don't remember what message will be displayed but it must be something like "Job Done", "Job Finished" or whatever.

11. Disconnect the phone, start it up, do 1 or 2 hard resets and your done.

To be on the save side and a little more complete I've added 6 points.

Just thought people might like to know that I've spotted a (very) minor error in the above process. Swap points 7 and 8. If you turn on the phone and wait it will just load as normal. If you hit detect first, then turn on the phone, it will work properly and begin the update process. Other than that, it's a very helpful guide to what can be a very scary program for most people first time they use it.....which would be me! :)

Edited by Jangla

Guest modacian
Hi is there any need to Donate also for taking reply from secany? :)

I know secany is so busy and maybe he has not enough time to read all posts so if any one who knows if the arabic A3 has the arabic alphabet or not plz let me know. thx

JP=Full arabic interface with arabic keyboard / can be changed to english interface with arabic support

JV(UAE-ENG)=Full English interface with no arabic support, 3rd party arabizers required.

Absolutely no need to donate, that is the meaning of donate right? :D

Edited by modacian

Guest tibor22
Im using AI2 with no problems!

Mates, I need your help!

I'm using the same AI2, and I like it very much too! But I have one quite annoying problem:

I cannot send long SMS (longer than 160 characters) with my Omnia. The simple sms goes without problem.

I've checked the corresponding registry setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings] "SMSAvailable"=dword:1

and it was OK, then I installed Modaco's OmniaThread program, but in both modes the problem remains the same.

More precisely what I experienced:

If I try to send a cca. 200 charatres long SMS to another PDA (my old Artemis) the Artemis turns alive (light on) but nothing more happens. If I send it to a normal GSM phone (my wife's Nokia) it receives the first part of the message and at the end merges this: "part of text missing". And both cases the Omnia shows the error message: "Message was not sent... !

First, I would like to know whether another AI2 ROMs behaves the same way, so, it's a ROM bug, or just my Omnia has it.

Second, if you have any idea, how to resolve it, please, share it with me!

Thanks!

Guest jerome6699
Hi secany, 4 days now, where are you? (i'm on the list)

He will send it when he think it's ready to be send... wait, let him work, thanks for him

Guest Real Red
JP=Full arabic interface with arabic keyboard / can be changed to english interface with arabic support

JV(UAE-ENG)=Full English interface with no arabic support, 3rd party arabizers required.

Absolutely no need to donate, that is the meaning of donate right? :)

Dear modacian Thanks for all , So I think I need a JP rom for writing and reading in arabic alphabet but I see there isn't any JP official rom or any link for JP roms, if you help me for finding links to these roms I will be so pleased

Guest modacian
Dear modacian Thanks for all , So I think I need a JP rom for writing and reading in arabic alphabet but I see there isn't any JP official rom or any link for JP roms, if you help me for finding links to these roms I will be so pleased

JP roms actually aren't the best...

If you want arabic input only, then you'd better get the JVHK1 rom and use an arabizer probram (there is a thread about it here, UAE HK1), however if you really need the JP (which is only good for an all arabic interface) You have two options, either you be on Secany's list (by using the paypal button in his signature to receive the links!), or go to Samsung service center and they will do it for you free of charge.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/277638/...nglish/page/20/

Edited by modacian