Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

I updated too. First time I tried it, it hang at 76% on the last file. Second time, it worked without any problems. I don't know about the others but every time I flashed my omnia I didn't format the internal storage nor did I do a hard reset and it all worked out.

Yes you are right. I have download again the file and now it works. I have compared 2 files and they appear identical.

Thanks

What do you mean by " most of the Rom Italian i900XIHH9 " ?

1-Do you mean that if I upgrade to i900DXHI1 , I will have the name of programs, icons,...etc in Italian language ? can not be in English ? I really need a fast rom, but in English.

I believe the bit about "most of the Rom Italian" was about XIHH9 and not DXHI1. DXHI1 is all in English.

2- Do we run samsung driver first , then run the updater, then connect to the activesync 4,5 and finally reset the mobile? just like we did for HH3 on XP computer ?

The upgrade process is the same as for HH3.

One more silly question : what is the difference between Branded and Non branded ?

The branded ROM has the branding (logo, links, etc.) for a specific provider/network.

Hummmmmmm strange thing here

I had French SFR branded phone at beginin then flashed to DXHH1, Then DXHH3 with no problems

But now I can't complete flash with HI1, i'm stuck at step 4 "Switched phone USB Succeed" ;)

It connects on COM4 but still stuck at this step ://

I have Samsung Drivers installed correctly cause I flashed previous with previous roms with same computer/configuration

So right now i'm with PDA HI1 and Phone HH3

Any idea??

Ben

Guest famonaco
for better photo quality!!!

try to take some photos(with default camera settings) after the camera upgrade, you will see the difference. ;)

hi my firmware camera version is 1.09 is the last?

cheers

Edited by famonaco

Yes you are right. I have download again the file and now it works. I have compared 2 files and they appear identical.

I had the upgrade fail on me multiple times with the phone hanging on the Omnia logo screen. Rebooted my desktop and tried upgrading again and it worked that time. So it might not be an issue with the downloaded file being corrupted. It might just be that you need to reboot your machine first for some reason ;)

I noticed that the PDA image write progress bar on the phone did not go all the way during all the failed tries. However, on the one where I succeeded, the progress bar went all the way. Of course, I have no idea if that is relevant or not ...

I still have the following 2 issues with DXHI1:

1.) Sound is not routed to bluetooth mono headset. It is routed there correctly during a phonecall, but not from any other application, like MS Voicecommand should do it.

2.) OBEX bluetooth service is not fully working. I can sen dfiles, but I cannot receive files via OBEX. OBEX service is not running and not startable in sktools.

thanks to everybody, specially to secany!

upgraded from DXHG4 to DXHH3 sometime ago... yesterday i upgraded to DXHI1, did the camdriver upgrade trick, hard reset, installed some apps and left it running DESTINATOR 7 to eat battery till the end. fully charging now, i'll be able to test it in a couple of hours!

great i900 forum, congratulations!!! ;)

After upgrading and doing a hard reset and camera upgrade the camera app does not recognise my photos taken previously that are in the DCIM folder. New photos show up fine and all photos are visible in the media album or photo slides apps. Anyone else have this or know a solution?

After upgrading and doing a hard reset and camera upgrade the camera app does not recognise my photos taken previously that are in the DCIM folder. New photos show up fine and all photos are visible in the media album or photo slides apps. Anyone else have this or know a solution?

Nope, don't have the issue. I have only one photograph from before the update but that was accessible fine after the HI1 update. Of course, I might have taken that photograph under HH3 and if there is an issue, we would also need to know what firmware version you had when you took your older photographs ....

Guest JohnnyGu

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I was wondering if the new i900DXHI1 also supports Dutch. Sorry for asking such a noob question if this may be ;)

Thanks in advance,

JohnnyGu

I believe the bit about "most of the Rom Italian" was about XIHH9 and not DXHI1. DXHI1 is all in English.

The upgrade process is the same as for HH3.

The branded ROM has the branding (logo, links, etc.) for a specific provider/network.

Yes my friend but now we have 3 updater and not one. what will we do after resetting the mobile so the first updater is starting ? would we repeat for 2 and 3 and each time we reset the mobile to feel the new part of the updater ? Or it is guided procedure ?

Thanks again

M Seif

Sorry

I knew just now that that by extracting the 1st file, it add up the other 2 parts.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by M Seif

Guest hellfire8888

how do you check the camera firmware? however i notice the gps tagging work flawlessly...

i also try the searching !!! bug in the address book and it is really solve!!

anyway will monitor the battery life...

however i still think the next firmware must find ways to utilise the 16gb storage instead of the tiny 128mb ram space..

Thanks for the feedback 1Mack.

So did u apply the "number" for the camera inorder to get a better camera firmware? any ideas where to check the camera version? sorry if i have miss out in the forum.

landslot

Yes Yes man. It does work great too. I still do not like the brightness of the defualt settings ;) but it is a lot more responsive and comparing pictures I took before and now in the defualt setting it is better :wacko:

Guest needacloud

Hi,

did also the camera update and have the same problem. old pics are not avaliable in play mode. only pics which are taken after the camera update are shown. Strange... the pic are there, because i have them in the album programm and file explorer

I still have the following 2 issues with DXHI1:

1.) Sound is not routed to bluetooth mono headset. It is routed there correctly during a phonecall, but not from any other application, like MS Voicecommand should do it.

2.) OBEX bluetooth service is not fully working. I can sen dfiles, but I cannot receive files via OBEX. OBEX service is not running and not startable in sktools.

Issue 2.) is fixed now. It was the problem of another application, which interfered there.

But still issue No. 1.) remains! This is also confirmed right after a hardreset!

sorry, but 2 questions to ask.

1. How can i use bugs fixed by the new DXHI1 rom "i900DXHI1_Bug_Fixed.xlsx" ?

2. Do i must flash my rom to DXHI1 only before input *#2470# to upgrade camera, Now i'm in Thailand is this upgrade camera works for me ?

Thank you so much.

Guest Geronymous
Yes Yes man. It does work great too. I still do not like the brightness of the defualt settings ;) but it is a lot more responsive and comparing pictures I took before and now in the defualt setting it is better :wacko:

I'm not a photo-expert, but I find the pictures in default settings (DXHH3) not so colourful... any tips you can give to change the standard settings? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

New here on the site, hope to make the best of it.

my new omnia is on it's way - i bought it from T-Mobile UK.

after i sim unlock it, can i simply update to the new HI1, or do i need to make any special preperation before upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

Guest thegoodly
hello, I put the i900DXHI1 and is very fast most of the Rom Italian i900XIHH9, I noticed that there's more on the widget icon sms, good work and thanks

what new widgets are there, just flashed but i have the same widgets as i had with gh5??

cheers c