Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest famonaco
Since the Italian is the most request, I will upload it in the next 48 hours. The name is i900XIHI1 (Sep.2009) release, as I remember... not quite sure cos too many i900 firmware.

Sorry about the release note, I can't upload full release note due to confidential issue, but the thing I put there is what bugs been fix since HH1 and HH2 version.

All rom post by me is the orignial rom that you (probably) find when samsung release to public.

Cheers.

Thx a lot secany, i'll wait this italian rom :wacko:

i hope that you upload it before that 48 hours ;)

cheers

Guest Blossom
PLEASE: German ROM!!!!!!!

TIA

battery report please...just flashed my phone yesterday from G4 to H1 but the battery is horrible .

Hope this one can fix this issue

Italian: i900XIHH5_HH9 unbranded, i900AIHI1 branded to TIM, i900AHHI1 branded to WIND, and i900NPHI1 branded to Three Italia

As I think, branded or not it's depend on the .csc (customize) file (sound like an extended rom), so anybody dare to try i900XIHI1 bootimage, phone, pda and i900XIHH5_HH9 csc? ;)

Or I just simple upload i900XIHH5_HH9.exe is enough?

There is a special firmware branded to SUNRISE which contains Italian, German, French and English, after flash there is a Language setting in System, phone will auto flash from a selected .MLI files, allow you to select a specify language, if you want to change to another language, you have to repeat the steps agian.

I will take about Spanish, German later :wacko:

Regards.

Guest panateo
Italian: i900XIHH5_HH9 unbranded, i900AIHI1 branded to TIM, i900AHHI1 branded to WIND, and i900NPHI1 branded to Three Italia

As I think, branded or not it's depend on the .csc (customize) file (sound like an extended rom), so anybody dare to try i900XIHI1 bootimage, phone, pda and i900XIHH5_HH9 csc? ;)

Or I just ?

There is a special firmware branded to SUNRISE which contains Italian, German, French and English, after flash there is a Language setting in System, phone will auto flash from a selected .MLI files, allow you to select a specify language, if you want to change to another language, you have to repeat the steps agian.

Regards.

I think simple upload i900XIHH5_HH9.exe is enough for the time being.. then of course we can try testing the different combinations!

Guest panateo
There is a special firmware branded to SUNRISE which contains and English, after flash there is a Language setting in System, phone will auto flash from a selected .MLI files, allow you to select a specify language, if you want to change to another language, you have to repeat the steps agian.

It's Swiss, since they have Italian, German, French as official languages - good to know that now ss is dealing with the multilanguage ROMs for Omnia. ;)

Secany.. please donn't forget the ARABIC one

actually there is no Arabic ROM ever exist... so yours will be the first ;)

There is i900JPHI1 which contains Arabic, tested by myself. There is a rumor that 1 phone service center in Turkey, and another on UAE have non-branded i900 Arabic and Turkey. If you are living in these country, you can have a check.

Cheers

Guest Paul (MVP)

Or I just simple upload i900XIHH5_HH9.exe is enough?

Regards.

I've been researching this lately, and I think you're right.

Is there any way to skip or not flash the CSC from an EXE updater? Or extract an EXE updater?

e.g. the HH5 UK T-Mo ROM, I would like to try flashing it without a CSC... or skipping the CSC part!

P

Guest saintxseiya
BTW, can anyone please confirm there is offical non-branded/generic i900 in Spain / Germany?

I have an unbranded/generic german I900 and i am waiting to see the german Firmware uploaded ;)

My Finger is starting to hurt by keeping on pushing the refresh Button :wacko:

I've been researching this lately, and I think you're right.

Is there any way to skip or not flash the CSC from an EXE updater? Or extract an EXE updater?

e.g. the HH5 UK T-Mo ROM, I would like to try flashing it without a CSC... or skipping the CSC part!

P

there is a way! an exe is an all-in-one image, contains .nb0 + phone + pda + csc and combie with a downloader (GrandPix exe for XP - there is also a GrandPix exe for Vista too).

I used to flash without selecting csc and ended up with a i900 logo, that time I do a cross flashing from i900XX to i900XG German, I think if we flash in same region firmware (XX to XX / DX to DX / etc....) then the csc is not neccessry. As I don't have my i900 with me now, somebody please do a test and post result. Thanks a lot.

I have an unbranded/generic german I900 and i am waiting to see the german Firmware uploaded ;)

My Finger is starting to hurt by keeping on pushing the refresh Button :wacko:

Can you please tell your version now? Thanks.

OK, so how do we split the EXE to it's component parts though?

P

2 ways:

1/ trap the temporary files extracted by an exe (I never try this, but I think it should be same with i600)

2/ compare an orignial exe and all the orignial nb0, phone bin, pda bin. There is some rubbish code in exe, and we can extract the nb0 and bin

Guest saintxseiya
Can you please tell your version now? Thanks.

I flashed to the Version provided by Paul The Version is I900DXHH1/DXHH1 now bevore that i do not remember, the only thing i remember is that it was PDA HG5/ Phone HG6 before flashing.

So first it was german, now it is english, but i was able flash it without using the "singapure trick"

Edited by saintxseiya

I flashed to the Version provided by Paul The Version is I900DXHH1/DXHH1 now bevore that i do not remember, the only thing i remember is that it was PDA HG5/ Phone HG6 before flashing.

So first it was german, now it is english, but i was able flash it without using the "singapure trick"

There is German rom XGHG1 to 5 for hardware REV 0.6 ! Lastest XGH rom all branded. Of course, downgrade from rom for HW REV 1.0 to HW REV 0.6 might (or might not, I'm not sure) cause seriously problem. The only way is try XGHI1 and non branded XGHG1 csc. Still waiting for someone dare to try ;)

Guest panateo

I think Samsung is releasing this .exe packages to the service centers and 3rd parties in order to avoid the sharing of single "clear" files. ;)

Edited by panateo