Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest catmat

New October Russian firmware, i900PUHJ1!

You can download it here: http://www.asterix.com.ru/Samsung/i900PUHJ1.rar, but same the same request, as well as at Secany, do not mirrors, spread only this link, it is necessary for calculation of downloads. It is not free fileshare server, it's a private server with the fast throughput! ;)

Hello Secany, from Russian Community!

Edited by catmat

Guest catmat

Unfortunately, there is no list of changes. We wait for messages from the users who have flashed phones by this firmware .;) Windows build still the same...

Guest malikms

anybody running on dXHI3 and experiencing the back of the phone is getting Hot again when you connect to either GPS or 3G, and HSDPA? i feel the increase is significant if you compare it to DXHI1. it doesn't seem normal. :wacko:

despite all that, i think this is the fastest rom ever than the other previous DX's Rom (even faster than DXHi1) ;)

Guest alextjokro

Hi, I'm looking if there is a clean WM6 for Omnia. I just need it to run as light as possible.

I don't need all the graphics UI...

Thanks.

Guest osuijk
New October Russian firmware, i900PUHJ1!

You can download it here: http://www.asterix.com.ru/Samsung/i900PUHJ1.rar, but same the same request, as well as at Secany, do not mirrors, spread only this link, it is necessary for calculation of downloads. It is not free fileshare server, it's a private server with the fast throughput! ;)

Hello Secany, from Russian Community!

Is this English?

Guest wahkao1990

Ok and so i flashed my phone again with HI3 and started the pain-in-the arse process of installing all the SPBs and registering them again.

HI3 is fast. Battery life significantly better than HH3 but still loses out to F8 (which lasted my 4 whole days once with light calls and smses). HI3 lasts 1.5, probably 2 days with light use.

Still no haptic feedback. Only on samsung keyboards and in the samsung today screens.

One difference i noticed is that the background of"Press Action Key to Unlock touch keys" has been changed to black which is really nice. A pleasant surprise for me which i was calling a friend. It looks really good compared to the old blue dull one.

Screen rotations are very fast here as compared to HH3 too.

Guest gavinfabl
I might be wrong, but I just realise this after upgrading to I3.

Samsung Today 1

You can actually change the shortcuts in the launcher, and you can change the clock to display dual time as well.

Samsung Today 2

You can change the clock to display dual time OR you can change the font style of the clock.

Again, I might be wrong cuz I didn't notice this while using I1. (rapidshare is axxlly unfriendly)

Regards,

Samsung Today 1. Which shortcuts in the launcher are you referring to? The Main Menu shortcuts option (using edit) or the actual ST1 icons eg Phonebook, Internet, Music etc. If so , how?

I have one question. I have my Omnia in Italian, will the language change to English if I flash it to HI3 for example.

My current version is PDA:XIHG3 ,Tel:XXHG3

Guest M Seif
Samsung Today 1. Which shortcuts in the launcher are you referring to? The Main Menu shortcuts option (using edit) or the actual ST1 icons eg Phonebook, Internet, Music etc. If so , how?

I have it also in DXHI2 , u can change the middle 6 buttons on the 1st page of the today 1, by pushing any of those button for 2 seconds, then u will have the options, which will give the choice of deleting those 6 buttons and adding another 6.

The strange thing is that Samsung has fixed/locked the top and bottom raw of button, although it contains the for example the phone icon, which is also in the left soft and hard buttons on the same screen, as if you need 3 exactly similar phone buttons.

Edited by M Seif

Guest GSeeker2

Any newer rom please? ;)

DXHI3 is not bad, but the battery life is only 2 days. It could last for 3 days on DXHI2.

Hope the Oct roms will fix it.

Guest mariusznm
anyone know how to change the caller ID format?

now is X (XXX) xxxx..........

i want to change to fit HK telephone no. XXXX XXXX

thank you!

Try change regional settings

Guest pp56825

Keny, i know that you are very busy but we are very desperate and need the Polish ROM i900SAHI4 or later.

pls help us ;) we are waiting so long

Guest FahimF
I have one question. I have my Omnia in Italian, will the language change to English if I flash it to HI3 for example.

My current version is PDA:XIHG3 ,Tel:XXHG3

If you flash your Omnia to the DXHI3 given in this thread, yes, the language would change to English. If you flash another HI3 version which is Italian, then you'd have Italian. The first two letters in there (in this case DX) identifies the country/region for the ROM and that's what determines what language it is ;)

Guest Andy Q
anyone know how to change the caller ID format?

now is X (XXX) xxxx..........

i want to change to fit HK telephone no. XXXX XXXX

thank you!

Change the Regional Settings to English (Australia).

Guest M Seif

I have one trick I read about and it is nice, and I have one problem that am not sure any one can solve:

The trick is :

if you press the red handset button fro 2-3 seconds it activate the lock of the phone, very nice and handy.

The problem is

In all my previous WM sets (imate, jasjar,tytn) if u answer the call by pressing the green handset, u hear from the mobile itself, even if the BT headset is paired, very continent, if you need to hear from the mobile, or use the speaker on.

in the Omnia, whatever button u press u have to hear fro your BT headset. unless ofcourse u switch it off before answering, like all Nokia sets. Very bad situations ut takes many seconds to off.

Is there any solution fro that ?

Thanks

Edited by M Seif