Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Hi,When will you release a new spanish ROM? Is it official? What is the best spanish ROM for my omnia? Thank you, and congratulations for your great work.

I believe Secany releases what's available to him. So asking him repeatedly for the same ROM when he doesn't have access to it is only going to annoy him. I believe he should be aware that people want Arabic, French, Polish, German, Spanish etc. since these have been requested over and over here. Just saying :lol:

Guest robertoaitor

SECANY much appreciated, could look to see if there are any new updates in Spanish.

Thank you very much for all the work done.

Edited by robertoaitor

Guest draxredd

Hi secany

Any news as to what to expect for us restoftheworlders ? Samsung as been setting up brand new download sites all around, but still no roms popping up...

Being an insider, could you tip us about the next localized releases ?

thanks

Guest kensong
here's something I just noticed, opera will not change to desktop mode, always reverts to identifying itself as a handheld. anyone else have this?

Yes, I see this too, but is not sure from which version as I have not tested this with DXHI3. As for any improvements in DXHJ1, I can say updating GPS XTRA download is now faster and ends properly. Battery life seems to be the same as DXHI3. Did not notice anything else different except maybe touchscreen is a wee bit more sensitive.

Guest squeezo

Hi,

I am fairly new to ROMS.

Maybe a dumb question form me, but is all the original software in these custom roms.

Or is some software left out.

The Video editor for example , is this included in DXHJ1?

Eric

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hi everyone,

1st of all, great job by secany :lol:

I'm actually not new to the ROM update scene (from my previous hp ipaqs) but when it comes to my brand new Omnia (which I paid kind of "good" money for), I'm like a virgin :D I tried to read the thread but, if I'm repeating something, just excuse me (it's a very long thread).

I live in Turkey and bought the device here. It's factory default firmware is PDA: i900JUHH2/JUHH2 and Phone: i900JVHH2. I happen to experience the famous blank screen of death and heat issues and start to believe I need to update. But for my warranty, can I go back to the original firmware? If yes, where can I get that?

The second problem is that I can't seem to install Samsung modem drivers for XP (SP2). I did run the setup app, it looks like it merely extracted the drivers under Program Files\blabla... I did uninstall/reinstall ActiveSync (both from the Samsung cd and over Ms' site). Whatever I try, the computer did not find anything new (like a modem or smth) after drivers. Any directions?

If I can get assured that I can go back, incase of a problem, I'm willing to try new software...

Last point: Secany, it's been a long while. So, can we have the Turkey rom? (I would go to a care center, if I wasn't sure they would keep my phone for like a month or so :o((( And I don't live in Dubai, either ;))

Guest Mark_in_VA

Just a couple of comments:

For all his work, Secany should be knighted. Or deified. Or some sort of shrine should be constructed to him. The work done is simply amazing.

Paul: At some point in the future, a ROM will sneak out of Samsung that enables 3.5G for the US for all of us USA Omnia owners. Could you please make sure some sort of prominent notice is posted? You know, change the font color, fireworks, marching bands, something subtle like that. :lol: Otherwise, we'll need to read all the way through this thread periodically to find it.

Speaking of that, how about making this thread a sticky? It bounces up and down in the list of threads, depending on what's been posted. A sticky would sure make it easier to find.

Guest ronaldb3

For all his work, Secany should be knighted. Or deified. Or some sort of shrine should be constructed to him. The work done is simply amazing.

Paul: At some point in the future, a ROM will sneak out of Samsung that enables 3.5G for the US for all of us USA Omnia owners. Could you please make sure some sort of prominent notice is posted? You know, change the font color, fireworks, marching bands, something subtle like that. :lol: Otherwise, we'll need to read all the way through this thread periodically to find it.

Speaking of that, how about making this thread a sticky? It bounces up and down in the list of threads, depending on what's been posted. A sticky would sure make it easier to find.

Hi Mark,

There is still some question as to whether the hardware on our Asian Omnias will support the US(North American) freq when AT&T-US finally gets the Omnia and we can get that Rom. Some say the chip has it all and some say maybe not, and some say even if it does there may be other hardware issues such as antenna, etc. so that it won't work with our Omnias.

Time will tell who guessed right.

Ron (originally from VA)

Guest Mark_in_VA
Hi Mark,

There is still some question as to whether the hardware on our Asian Omnias will support the US(North American) freq when AT&T-US finally gets the Omnia ... Time will tell who guessed right.

Ron (originally from VA)

Yeah - I know. I tend to align with those that believe the Omnia will support whatever the software enables in its code. My reasoning is that (1) it doesn't make rational economic sense to remanufacture the board to change a single (or few) components such that new features are included/excluded; and (2) when I was at Motorola, we did software 'dumps' for an entire range of phones all at one time, and the software, when loaded into a lower tier phone, had fewer features enabled (called "flexed off"); when loaded into a higher tier phone had more features enabled. But it was the same software in both cases. I know Samsung does it the same way for efficiency.

Time will tell, as you said.

Paul: At some point in the future, a ROM will sneak out of Samsung that enables 3.5G for the US for all of us USA Omnia owners. Could you please make sure some sort of prominent notice is posted? You know, change the font color, fireworks, marching bands, something subtle like that. :D Otherwise, we'll need to read all the way through this thread periodically to find it.

I second the sticky :lol: Dulles FFX_VA

Guest markkohfm
I have no issue with BT activesync using HH3, but HI3 and HJ1, I can't use BT anymore. This is with XP though. I have not tested Vista.

I personally have no problems using BT activesync with HI3 and HJ1 on vista. No idea about XP though as I use the cable on XP at work.

Guest kensong

Okay, have been using HJ1 for a few days and the unit still gets hot when data line is active. In fact, I feel HJ1 gets hotter than HI3, similar to HH3 which was really hot. I hope this gets addressed. When data is not active, battery life is really good. And the battery gauge is now much more accurate. So far that's what I have noticed regarding battery life.

Edited by kensong

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Okay, have been using HJ1 for a few days and the unit still gets hot when data line is active. In fact, I feel HJ1 gets hotter than HI3, similar to HH3 which was really hot. I hope this gets addressed.

Odd. I've come to the conclusion that HJ1 is cooler than previous HIx versions. I use the radio/mp3 for hours and even left the 3G data for <3 hours (by accident) and never noticed the unit get hot at the very least.

Sorry for posting this again, but I cannot find a reply:

Please can someone explain the how to check the version of the camera firmware?

I have upgraded my main ROM from HH1 to HJ1 directly and have not done the camera update before. Is the update for the camera

(input *#2470# with Sim card inside, it will upgrade the camera firmware) already done for me when I install HJ1 or do I still need to do it.

Guest GSeeker2
Sorry for posting this again, but I cannot find a reply:

Please can someone explain the how to check the version of the camera firmware?

I have upgraded my main ROM from HH1 to HJ1 directly and have not done the camera update before. Is the update for the camera

(input *#2470# with Sim card inside, it will upgrade the camera firmware) already done for me when I install HJ1 or do I still need to do it.

No, you can't. :lol: