Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest jeffrey2000

Anyone noticed that when you use the DXHJ1 and install the S2U2 v1.30 program and reboot the (business) Card Reader program doesn't seem to start anymore. I never really tried it before DXHJ1. Well I'll upgrade to DXHJ5 and see what happens after.

Guest MichiganTim

Hello everyone,

1. I am that newbie everyone hates at first, but when they get to know usually warm up too. I have my omnia on order courtesy of e-bay. I read some reviews over the weekend and thought this thing was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I started researching heavily on this thing. Then today I bumped into this forum. I started reading some of the threads and thought to myself what did I get myself into. It’s 3:30 am now, and I just finished reading this 68 page thread. OMG. Well I have defiantly graduated maybe a rung or too up the ladder. At the least I grew some hairs on my chest . Now things are defiantly a little more clearer, and not so overwhelming as I started to think when I joined this site! You all sure have been on a journey with how much daily activity is here. Thanks everyone.

2. I want to say thanks to Paul for his hard work, and providing all of us OMNIA idiots a place to read ,learn, and maybe destroy the I-PHONE. Defiantly a great place.

3. Thanks Secanty for your hard work. And trying to build out these ROM’s to make this silly little phone a stable system. Seems to me that this thing was quite buggy at the time, and things have started to even out if you are now talking about going into the kitchen.

4. Thanks Mack1 and ronaldb3 for answering my pm’s and sharing the knowledge.

5. Yunabeco, things were starting to come together just before I got to your how to listed below. But your how to answered the questions that were lurking around in my head. This was a good tutorial that helped me to in vision how things come together. The Light bulb went off!

6. LISTEN UP NEWBIES: If you haven’t read through this 68 page thread. DO IT, DO IT NOW. Kind of an insult to the key players that make this thread go round in round. I guarantee they have put in way more time to keep things running here then it will take you to spend reading through this thread. And become intelligent on this bugger of a phone you have just purchased. So just read it already. YOU WILL BE SMARTER!

Words of warning first (bold, italic and dark red; I can hardly make it any more obvious).

This is but how I proceeded; you might want to wait for the advice of someone wiser than me - or leave it to a professional - if you're scared to brick your Omnia. I don't know how operator-locked phones behave either, as mine was unlocked. Well, if you still want to try...

First, you need to be on Windows XP, as Windows Vista cannot use the upgrade file properly (at least, not right now).

Second, you need both ActiveSync and the Samsung Modem driver installed. If you don't have it already, grab ActiveSync 4.5 here. The Samsung modem driver for Windows XP can be downloaded here. To install it, extract it somewhere, browse to Setup.exe and execute it.

Note that updating the ROM will wipe everything from your Omnia (except, of course, your Storage Card or SIM card). If you haven't backed up your valuable data, do so.

Next, once you extracted the three-parts ROM, browse to it and open i900DXHJ1.exe.

Then, connect your i900 to the PC and soft-reset it (take the stylus and plug it in the Reset button).

Once the drivers are correctly detected and set up, the "START" button should become available and the i900 should stay still on the boot screen.

You can also check the checkbox; this will format "My Memory". I always check it just in case.

Breathe once, twice, ensure your Omnia is fully charged, and the computer updating it is plugged in the AC (if it's a laptop).

Press START.

Now, depending on your setup, things can go wrong, though I'm not sure why; this isn't a risk-free process.

Anyway, it should load the EBOOT, the PDA rom, then will switch to the PHONE and update it (if a New Device window comes up, choose Install automatically), then will take care of everything else.

When it's over, it will show Job Finished. You can leave it plugged in until it restarts.

I know I had a problem when the update was switching to PHONE; the drivers were not installed in time and it timed out. I soft-reset and tried again, it worked.

Some people recommend to hard-reset the device before and/or after the update, and that's what I do too (forgot to mention). To hard-reset, do a soft-reset (press the reset button with the stylus) then press and hold the Call/Left Green Phone key and the Hang up/End/Right Red phone key. You should see a screen asking you if you want to format, press the Call key to confirm or the End key to restart.

If I somehow messed up somewhere, feel free to correct.

Guest uno e nessuno

pls help me i'm trying to flash latest rom ..but i can't

i've vista ultiimate ,i'm using granprix for vista 1.61 but wen i push detect ...

Service stopped successfully

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

driver samsung installated , in hardware of my pc there is Samsung MITs USB Sync

who help me pls

Guest panateo

i've vista ultiimate ,i'm using granprix for vista 1.61 but wen i push detect ...

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

driver samsung installated , in hardware of my pc there is Samsung MITs USB Sync

who help me pls

My suggestion, to avoid any additional risk, is to always use XP.. :lol:

Guest jeffrey2000

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

who help me pls

ur 2nd sentence... "i've got vista".... this is the problem... Try to flash it from a Windows XP computer...

ur 2nd sentence... "i've got vista".... this is the problem... Try to flash it from a Windows XP computer...

Hi,

You dont need Grandprix. Download the .exe rom and run it directly from xp. It's safer.

Guest Pille69
Hi,

You dont need Grandprix. Download the .exe rom and run it directly from xp. It's safer.

and a 32 bit xp

i sit here with my 64 bit and cant flash the phone part

any differences updating the rom?

Nothing significant it was posted that it would fix the widget clock issue but I dont use the widgets anyway :D . I Flashed it for the reported improved GPRS. It was a major improvement for me already with DXHJ1 and it does feel even better with DTHJ5 :lol: so I am happy with it.

Guest pdaphonemaster
Nothing significant it was posted that it would fix the widget clock issue but I dont use the widgets anyway :D . I Flashed it for the reported improved GPRS. It was a major improvement for me already with DXHJ1 and it does feel even better with DTHJ5 :lol: so I am happy with it.

Hi,

What exactly was the improvements in GPRD from Hj1? I haven't seen much difference.

Thanks.

Hi,

What exactly was the improvements in GPRD from Hj1? I haven't seen much difference.

Thanks.

Connects faster. Less that a minute. Some others had good quick connections before before but not me :lol:

Guest lastnikita
now we can cook custom rom to increase performance, keep flashing stock rom is some kind of silly :D

Sure, but we do still need them for cooking, if possible :lol:

Thank you for all your efforts, dude.

Guest mediavue

I have had a look through the thread but could not see anything saying that TomTom and GPS is now working without using GPSgate. Could someone confirm if this ROM now works "as normal" without using GPSgate??

Guest Paul (MVP)

I will look to fix this in my next ROM.

If someone could clarify exactly what the problem is? What happens if you try and use TT without GPSgate? How does GPSgate help? Please elaborate :lol:

By popular request Opera will be a CAB install in the next version (probably online next week).

P

Guest kensong

Paul, thanks for making Opera an option. Can I flash this ROM though it seems to be for Australia. I am from Malaysia and usually flash the DX version.

Guest pp56825

i have i problem with DXHJ1 and BT, When i listen to the music thru my stereo BT [jabra BT3030] make a call, and disconnect using red key it start play music thru phone not BT? I don't have such problem on previews DXHI1.

please help

Guest new2city
Paul, thanks for making Opera an option. Can I flash this ROM though it seems to be for Australia. I am from Malaysia and usually flash the DX version.

Hi Ken,

I am from Malaysia too, and yes you can flash this Australian ROM.

regards,

Guest kensong
Hi Ken,

I am from Malaysia too, and yes you can flash this Australian ROM.

regards,

Thanks new2city. Greetings from Penang. Can you tell me how much Storage space you get with this ROM?

Guest new2city
Thanks new2city. Greetings from Penang. Can you tell me how much Storage space you get with this ROM?

Hi Ken,

Sorry I only stayed with the Aussie Rom for less than 24 hours, I flashed to DR.Dot's ROM which is much more lean, total of 112.53 MB, I have installed back a few of the apps he removed(he made them into cabs) and not I have 54.80Mb free after installing all my apps...

greetings from Melaka..