Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

xxhj1 , which means it's not updated with this rom :lol:

Thanks, it means I'll skip this update, I take into account only those that upgrades both the PDA and the telephone...

Edited by cici

I'm sorry but I think that's what we call "bricked". If I were you I would retry the procedure. And while doing so be sure you've got Samsung's modem driver installed. For sure you need it while flashing your rom. My first attempt in flashing the rom also almost ended like that.

Good luck anyway.

I had modems installed as I have flased few times before first to DXHH4 than to DXHI2 then to DXHJ1 and now it faild to this one. I would like to repeat the procedure but the PC does not recognize the mobile any more. I have blank screen and red light on and omnia is getting warm. I am trying now to depleete completly the battery and maybe it will reset it self to factory settings, at least the boot part.

I have read one post where the guy suceeded to do it like this.

Maybe some other thoughts?

Hi

Paul thanks for your great work. If we dont use gps gate it keep says poor signal & never gets GPS position. With gps gate it creates virtual com port so tomtom able to connect to port and gets signal easily. :lol:

Baskar

A bit late commenting on the GPS issue but I have the same issue - TT will either not get a fix at all or will get one for a split second then says "Waiting for a valid GPS signal". CamerAware has no such problems and works flawlessly so for whatever reason this issue seems localised to TomTom (I'm running version 7 if that makes any difference). Not tried GPSGate yet.

Guest kensong
A bit late commenting on the GPS issue but I have the same issue - TT will either not get a fix at all or will get one for a split second then says "Waiting for a valid GPS signal". CamerAware has no such problems and works flawlessly so for whatever reason this issue seems localised to TomTom (I'm running version 7 if that makes any difference). Not tried GPSGate yet.

It is the same with MapKing. Need to use Port Splitter for GPS to work. But with Enhanced GPS, I get a fix with MapKing in less than 5 seconds, everytime.

Guest kensong
Is this rom I900DTHJ6.7 in english language ????

Yes, it is English. This is an Australian ROM but works fine for me here in Malaysia :lol: This ROM still gives me the fast battery drain issue when data is being downloaded or GPS is active. The unit gets warm though not as hot as HJ1.

Guest zkyevolved
Hi,

Anyone having battery issue? i mean fast drain?

Or can anyone post some detail of the battery usage?

thanks

I'd like to know the same thing :lol:

Guest Rednose5
Maybe some other thoughts?

Sorry, I'm just a NOOB. The Omnia is my first WM phone because I hated the thought of being dependend on another Microsoft product: Ss just made this phone to damn sexy :lol:

When my phone crashed it stopped at the ss logo on screen. ACtive sink didn't recognize it anymore but the frimware programs did. So I just flashed again and my Omnia was back alive. I also know this doesn't work for everyone.

Guest Rednose5
It is the same with MapKing. Need to use Port Splitter for GPS to work. But with Enhanced GPS, I get a fix with MapKing in less than 5 seconds, everytime.

Same here. TT is not able to get a fix and I've stopped bothering. My brother has a ss I780 and has had the same issues with TT and needs to use Port splitter.

Now I'm testing IGO8 and Sygic which work fine. GPS-fix in seconds and very nice interfaces: Full 3D and not 2.5D like TT.

If you are very attached to the look and feel of TT you're better of with Sygic while the GUI and handling is a nice copy of TT.

I think the bus left and TT wasn't on it. For sure it's not on my bus no more.

Guest uno e nessuno

19.Oct.09

Here, my best rom till now

i900DTHJ5 --- For using with Grandpix XP or Vista, NOT RECOMMEND FOR NOOB

what versione phone include?

i have this problem

Boot version=01.35

Start downloading...

PHONE-Switching USB to PHONE...

PHONE-COM4 detected

PHONE-Attempting to open COM 4...

PHONE-Create COM 4 succeed...

PHONE-Opening COM 4 succeed...

PHONE-Jump failed..

Edited by uno e nessuno

Guest lazylilsnoop

just thought of sharing with you guys,my phone is on DXHJ1

previously i had the widget time issue, n wanted to upgrade to HJ6 but for some reason a few days back it updates to the latest time.

there is a icon of sun on the widget, which means it has enter daylight saving....

i wonder what happen

Guest mrkknofler

HI.. i've DXHH3 Rom . and it's working with lag time in open menu and key pad like a imap850(195Mhz)not 647Mhz intel gps is working with Garmin XT ....,,problem in messaging you i cant change read to unread sms like other wm6.1 mobiles ...i have another pocket pc from wm2003 till wm6.1 for 4 years ... i like omnia but its a little bit unpractical functions. you dont have call list with fast actions like other pocket pc ....and ...:lol:

any how

""which rom you suggest me 4 more speed and performance and gps ,wifi support no bug ?""

thanks.

Guest lazylilsnoop
HI.. i've DXHH3 Rom . and it's working with lag time in open menu and key pad like a imap850(195Mhz)not 647Mhz intel gps is working with Garmin XT ....,,problem in messaging you i cant change read to unread sms like other wm6.1 mobiles ...i have another pocket pc from wm2003 till wm6.1 for 4 years ... i like omnia but its a little bit unpractical functions. you dont have call list with fast actions like other pocket pc ....and ... :lol:

any how

""which rom you suggest me 4 more speed and performance and gps ,wifi support no bug ?""

thanks.

HJ1 is by far my best rom ever. give it a go....

Guest vitagen

HI ... i just got my omnia and have downloaded the rom update in it ... but i cant install it cause it says i do not have the program to run it ...

can someone please advice...

thanks

Guest bobobird
HJ1 is by far my best rom ever. give it a go....

Agreed

Have gone through them all.

Previous to J1, to J5, to J6, and after a couple of days reverted to J1.