Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Some more feedback:

- the new Album art navigation looks nicer (though it crashed on me the 1st time... probably I should have exited the program first after updating my huge library to get things settled)

- Wifi goes definitely much better... and much faster! (before my 3G was faster than my Wifi even though I have a 10Mb connection)

- GPS (with XTRA) is lighting fast... when I switched it on in the car this morning (after having had the first fix last night), driving 100kmh or so, it got a fix within 5 seconds or so...

To me, this is the release so far with the biggest amount of improvements! Keep them coming SAMSUNG! (and Ken B) )

You look expert to me in the 3G & WiFi connections so you may be able to help.

Although I have the WiFi connected, but whenever I try to get my email, the 3G starts and it prevail, and ofcourse it is costly. how can I use WiFi only if both are available ?

Thanks

Can any one ( who already mad a donation ) advise on the acceptable range of donation ? I know it is personal and kind of appreciation but it will be better if some can advise , may be as private IM at my profile .

Hi Secany ,

is this the same on which PaSSoA has based his rom M2D03FIX on ?

would it be the only difference then is that yours will be with no M2D ?

Edited by M Seif

Guest adolfotregosa

wtf ?? i see users here that have huge mp3 collection and non of them said anything about them skiping. Can you users please test ?? start touch player and start instaling your programs. Or run smt cpu heavy like starting garmin or running igo8 on full 3d aerial zoom.

I'm in hope that samsung will solve touch player mp3 skipping/lag if the bug is reported !!

thank you

Is there a difference between XDHK2.exe and DXHK1.exe other than the language difference?

Yes, these are also different regarding the Phone and the PDA part. Sure, the biggest difference is in CSC as version XDHK2 contains additional full Hungarian language.

Guest Barthlon
Hi Secany ,

is this the same on which PaSSoA has based his rom M2D03FIX on ?

would it be the only difference then is that yours will be with no M2D ?

the one secany just posted is the 'original' version. passoa based his cooked rom on this

exact version. he did not just add m2d but he also removed/added other stuff. the precise

changes passoa made can be found in his thread.

it is a good and stable rom though, had it until yesterday, now testing hk1 B)

Guest fredswatchbox

Hi Ken its my first post although I've been lurking in this forum for the last 2 months, just wanted to say keep up the good work and remember.DON'T LET THE B*******S GET YOU DOWN B) .

OH I made a donation too B) 1XG10525JK982225K please add me to the list for any English Roms,

Cheers mate.

the one secany just posted is the 'original' version. passoa based his cooked rom on this

exact version. he did not just add m2d but he also removed/added other stuff. the precise

changes passoa made can be found in his thread.

it is a good and stable rom though, had it until yesterday, now testing hk1 B)

Thank you Barthlon for taking the time to clear this point, what actually mislead me is that passoa has posted his M2D02FIX based on DTHJ9 about weeks ago, while Secany released it one day ago if am not mistaken.

Since you made the mistake of responding to me biggrin.gif , you as well can tell me :

1- Is the HK1 the normal successor of DTHJ9 , I mean with English language , or it is for other language ?

2- is it larger in storage and memory ? Faster and more responsive ?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by M Seif

Guest MickyMax
Yes, these are also different regarding the Phone and the PDA part. Sure, the biggest difference is in CSC as version XDHK2 contains additional full Hungarian language.

What's the phone number of the XDHK2 phone part please ? B)

I can't download the part3 of the XDHK2 ROM uploaded by secany. "The uploader has removed this file from the server. " Can someone share it or secany if you can reupload it please...

Guest Lowbytes

Holy s***!!!

Be4 flashing sometimes i´d no notification about a new email

After flashing to German BHHj3 there´s no more notification................

I´d like to go to korea and show them how 2 handle a phone (with a big hammer) B)

any sugestion what happend?

I use my phone 85 % only 4 E-Mailing - what a f..k!

14. When download image with PC upgrader, sometimes device can't complete download process.

16. Device does not boot after user upgrade.

Bricking problems solved? Or its just saying they know that?

Like:

12. Call log can't display the whole number.

Is it a bug or a solved bug?

I really hope they fixed the bricking problem...

Guest Mark_in_VA

Secany,

Here is my donation: Confirmation number: 64021395J2663200L

Please include me into your distribution list. My email: [email protected]

If you would not mind, would you please send a link to the HK1 ROM (in English, if necessary)?

Thanks

Guest Barthlon
Thank you Barthlon for taking the time to clear this point, what actually mislead me is that passoa has posted his M2D02FIX based on DTHJ9 about weeks ago, while Secany released it one day ago if am not mistaken.

Since you made the mistake of responding to me biggrin.gif , you as well can tell me :

1- Is the HK1 the normal successor of DTHJ9 , I mean with English language , or it is for other language ?

2- is it larger in storage and memory ? Faster and more responsive ?

Thanks a lot.

because secany released hj9 to the rom cookers paul and passoa a while back when he hadn't decided yet to release them to a broader public like he is doing now. and i think he uploaded it yesterday because allready newer roms like hk1 and hk2 came first (but ofcourse i cannot speak for secany so there might be another reason) B)

1) dt is an australian rom. hk1 is a newer version and also english, but it's not australian.

2) the memory as it is on my device:

storage 86,70 total, 34,36 in use, 52,34 free

program 96,70 total, 43,34 in use, 53,36 free

so it is actually a little bit less than dthj9, but hey you got 8 or 16 gigs right and you get the dice "game" and a lot of bugfixes B)

also, not only the pda part is updated but the phone part is too: everything is hk1

the overall responsiveness seems a bit better than hj9 and the screen sensitivity seems about the same, but i've only been playing a little with it up until now...

hope to have informed you well!

Edited by Barthlon

Guest jakeordie
Ha! There is a guy donated me 0.26$ few days ago! What an amazing job!!! You know, paypal fee cost 0.26$ too, so I have 0$ ! Good jobs! You made my days full of laughing. Actually, it's a bit of annoying too. LOL B)

I see you edited the profanities you called me from your post. I don't trust Paypal with my money, and 26 cents was the money they gave me to confirm a shell account. Let me know your real name & address and I will gladly send you a money order for whatever amount you feel is generous.

Guest Quist09

Hi Ken,

Thanks for all your work testing and making these roms available. I dare say that we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today in terms of roms, and other software for that matter, without your help.

I sent you a donation and included the confirmation number and my email address in a PM to you here. I would greatly appreciate it if you could add me to your mailing list and if it's not too much trouble send me the latest DX rom (HK1?).

On other matters, the TT bug - is it the same thing we've seen from the start or does it prevent the use of TT with e.g. GPSGate?

Cheers!

Quist09

because secany released hj9 to the rom cookers paul and passoa a while back when he hadn't decided yet to release them to a broader public like he is doing now. and i think he uploaded it yesterday because allready newer roms like hk1 and hk2 came first (but ofcourse i cannot speak for secany so there might be another reason) B)

1) dt is an australian rom. hk1 is a newer version and also english, but it's not australian.

2) the memory as it is on my device:

storage 86,70 total, 34,36 in use, 52,34 free

program 96,70 total, 43,34 in use, 53,36 free

so it is actually a little bit less than dthj9, but hey you got 8 or 16 gigs right and you get the dice "game" and a lot of bugfixes B)

also, not only the pda part is updated but the phone part is too: everything is hk1

the overall responsiveness seems a bit better than hj9 and the screen sensitivity seems about the same, but i've only been playing a little with it up until now...

hope to have informed you well!

Thank you very much Barthlon , I really appreciate your concern.

by now, you can download DXHK1 easily if you are included in secany's emailing list.

if not, i've seen XDHK1 and XDHK2 (XD, not DX; K2 was customised) on some russian and asian forums when i googled for it.