Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest new2city
I´m from Malaysia and bought a Omnia in Germany, I have the problem of changing the language, so I downloaded the file from your site but seems the USB drive port not possible to create after going through half the installation. How can I get a good ROM installer for Malaysia user? Please advice which ROM to use is best. I need the English version. thanks in advance.

Please do add me in the email list for omnia updates, my email address is [email protected]

Hi Andy,

Did you get a good price for Omnia in Germany? I feel, we really pay a high price for ours in Malaysia. Anyway, I haven't installed a full ROM from Secany for ages as I prefer custom ROMs. But as the source of the custom ROM is still from Secany, so, just pick one of his, should be fine. I am on PaSSoa's LITE02 btw.

enjoy your Omnia..

lol, already DXHK3 n we(the lower priority list) are only in DTHJ9 <_<

guess gotta hope someone outsource links from other trustable place now B)

DXHK3 is not out yet as i'm typing this message.

But DXHK1 & DXHK2 has been released by someone else in this very thread.

Guest leighaus

does the DXHK2 have flashlite 3.1 and widgets still working?

if not ill stick to DXHK1 from taril... hrmm..

what else is different.. the changelog seems kind of badly written, so user opinions are alot better B)

thanks

-edit doesnt appear to from my searching... ill wait on taril to do a 'clean' HK2 with 2.1/3.1 i guess B)

Edited by leighaus

Guest Mark_in_VA
Good days,

I was a bit busy these day B)

I will send the i900DXHK3 to list + release note before moday B)

Cheers,

Ken.

Ken,

A short note to this forum would be appreciated when you've sent it - so those of us receiving it on email know when to look for it!

Mark

Guest ZiTe747
Ken,

A short note to this forum would be appreciated when you've sent it - so those of us receiving it on email know when to look for it!

Mark

I think it's a good ideea

Guest lazylilsnoop
it has already been released... but not from Secany...

DXHK2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y0W6UUNS

i''m using it now.. Tested it and Loving it...

Thanks to Rednose5

hmm, i downloaded this link. then i upgrade the firmware as usual. but in the last step where it tries to change to usb port, it failed. so after a while, i restart my phone. thank god it didnt let me down. but every time i reset my phone, there is an icon of a phone with a exclamation mark, after while it boot up normally.

why is this there now? should i redo the update???

oh, n this update does not upgrade your phone to DXHK2, only upgrade the PDA correct??

Edited by lazylilsnoop

hmm, i downloaded this link. then i upgrade the firmware as usual. but in the last step where it tries to change to usb port, it failed. so after a while, i restart my phone. thank god it didnt let me down. but every time i reset my phone, there is an icon of a phone with a exclamation mark, after while it boot up normally.

oh, n this update does not upgrade your phone to DXHK2, only upgrade the PDA correct??

You face an driver issue. There are 2 alternatives: 1. Try to reflash it from the beginning on another machine with working modem driver. 2. Try to flash only phone part with GP.

Guest lazylilsnoop
TURN OFFFFFF THE FIREWALL ON YOUR COMPUTER the update will not work if you do not, also make sure you have the samsung driver!!!!!

windows firewall consider a firewall??

samsung driver as in samsung modem XP? i got it.

so i should reflash it... giving it a try now

Guest bobobird
Secany please do not forget about the non donating members for the K1 ROM B) B)

I think he said somewhere that he wont since that rom is already posted

Guest hellfire8888
Secany please do not forget about the non donating members for the K1 ROM B) B)

u can forget about it..cause he is charging for the ROM now...and for god sake pls stop using the word donating...

if u wanna sell it ..sell like a man...

dont abuse the word donate..

Guest runganwt
u can forget about it..cause he is charging for the ROM now...and for god sake pls stop using the word donating...

Pay it forward man.......

Guest Barthlon

not again.....

shoo! shoo! ksssstt! (works on cats, hopefully it works on you too)

Guest bobobird
not again.....

shoo! shoo! ksssstt! (works on cats, hopefully it works on you too)

why do "donors" get so defensive ?????? B)

Edited by bobobird

Guest softwarr8
windows firewall consider a firewall??

samsung driver as in samsung modem XP? i got it.

so i should reflash it... giving it a try now

Yes windos firewall turn it off reflash...... kust be happy this is not an HTC phone you can brick them reallllll easy

Guest jonathanlkk

Phone DXHK2

PDA DXHK2

You will have to switch off your firewall just like what everybody is telling you to do... LOLz...

BTW, Anybody wants the link for Garmin Mobile XT v.5.00.20w. I think it's the latest. I also have the link for DETAILED maps of malaysia/Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand,ETC. all combine into one (1). IMG file.. With Address search function. And don't worry guys, it's free. I'm just worried that i might be posting this in the wrong thread. Apology upfront.

Guest bobobird
And don't worry guys, it's free.

Free ??

There are no Garmin maps with that combination of countries. Check their site...

The one you have is a combined map which has been hacked so that it will work on any device and not require the mapid key.

The same has also been done to the Garmin main file so that it does not need the deviceid key.

So, no, it is not free, but you can get it from many places without having to pay Garmin for each country map + program.

Guest steelpipe
Phone DXHK2

PDA DXHK2

You will have to switch off your firewall just like what everybody is telling you to do... LOLz...

BTW, Anybody wants the link for Garmin Mobile XT v.5.00.20w. I think it's the latest. I also have the link for DETAILED maps of malaysia/Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand,ETC. all combine into one (1). IMG file.. With Address search function. And don't worry guys, it's free. I'm just worried that i might be posting this in the wrong thread. Apology upfront.

Hi Jonathan,

yes, interested. Can you provide link? Or drop the link to my email: [email protected].

Many thanks... B)

Guest lazylilsnoop
Phone DXHK2

PDA DXHK2

finally, i manage to complete the final task(switch phone to USB) maybe it is the firewall. because it never happen to me before when i flash my phone in Melbourne. heaps thanks to u guys.

anyway, i'm using IGO8. anyone have the update map for Malaysia?

Guest jonathanlkk
finally, i manage to complete the final task(switch phone to USB) maybe it is the firewall. because it never happen to me before when i flash my phone in Melbourne. heaps thanks to u guys.

anyway, i'm using IGO8. anyone have the update map for Malaysia?

This link of maps can also be used with IGO8. That's what i heard.. Maybe you can try it also... gimme your email, i will email to you all.

The maps are unlocked, and the combinations of all the maps into one .IMG is of course man made and not by GARMIN. so, take a chill pill... it's FREE... Damn.... i don't have a donate button... B)

Guest hellfire8888
This link of maps can also be used with IGO8. That's what i heard.. Maybe you can try it also... gimme your email, i will email to you all.

The maps are unlocked, and the combinations of all the maps into one .IMG is of course man made and not by GARMIN. so, take a chill pill... it's FREE... Damn.... i don't have a donate button... B)

can u send me the link i am interested on the map.. and do i need to "donate"